Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 29, 2010

Old     (wstr01)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-19-2009, 7:09 PM Reply   
The Catalina Houseboat we have a week on has some weeks available. The boat is 60' long and 14' wide (I think those are the dimensions). It has four double beds, a dinette that makes into a bed and a couch that makes into a bed. It has all the normal stuff, micro, fridge, two heads, one shower, fridge, AC, heater, BBQ, topside steering, semi covered top deck, XM, chest freezer on the front deck, etc..... It sits in a slip in Wahweep. We have a pilot servie that puts it on the loading dock at the launch and pumps the tanks on return. They will also put gas in it if you like. It's not a high zoot, hot tub on the top, type boat but it more than serve the purpose. It has two inline 4's with outdrives and a 4 cylinder generator. Overall it's in pretty good shape and you don't really have to worry about a little ding here or there on it. I think it's a 1987 Jamestowner but I'm not positive. If you want pics, shoot me your email and I'll shoot you some. I hate resizing pictures to put on Wakeworld (Dave).

Weeks available and prices are;

4/11 - 4/18 2500 + 2750 annual fee
4/18 - 4/25 ditto
4/25 - 5-02 ditto
5/02 - 5/09 ditto
5/09 - 5/16 ditto
5/16 - 5/23 ditto
9/12 - 9/19 1500 + 2750 annual fee
9/26 - 10/03 ditto
10/10 - 10/17 1000 + 2750 annual fee

All of the buy-in prices are OBO. The more owners there are the lower the annual fee will be (hence the reason for my post).

The 9/12 week would be killer and I would switch my 10/3 -10/10 week for it but my partners can't get that week off work. Yes you can have partners and split the annual fee in half or 3rds or whatever.

At one time all of the weeks were filled but a lot of the owners that bailed were older fishermen and couldn't handle the boat anymore. Mainly the April people. They just gave up their weeks.

The cool think is that you are part owner of the boat if you buy in. You are also part owner of the slip. The slip is (or was) worth more than the boat. If, for some reason, the Catalina Corp desides to sell the boat and the rights to the slip, all owners split the sale price of each.

If you decide to go up and use the boat during the time of year when no weeks are sold (off season) you just verify the boat is available and pay for the pilot service (and then freeze your a$$ off ).

I'm not sure if I ever get pm so just post on here if you're interested and I'll give you the info for the guy to contact.

Thanks
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       12-20-2009, 10:53 PM Reply   
Can you send me some pics?
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       12-20-2009, 10:54 PM Reply   
So is the total annual fee $8250 no matter how many owners there are? Just want to make sure I read that right.
Old     (wstr01)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-21-2009, 5:59 PM Reply   
The annual fee is $2750. Should more people fill in the weeks, the annual fee should go down but I can't control what they do. Still a lot cheaper than renting a boat for a week. The "buy in" fee is what is listed. It's a one time fee.

Dave, shot you some pics. Not great ones though. I guess we never really took any house boat pics in the 11 years we've been a part of this boat.
Old     (paublo)      Join Date: Jul 2002       12-22-2009, 12:57 PM Reply   
Sorry but Aramark changed all the rules associated with the slips- so it has no value any more. You can't sell the rights to a slip. If the moored boat changes, a majority of the old owners have to be owners on the new boat in the slip.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       12-22-2009, 1:09 PM Reply   
I didn't get the pics. Can you send them again?
Old     (wstr01)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-22-2009, 2:30 PM Reply   
Didn't know about the slip rule change. Bummer but oh well. Still a cheap houseboat vacation on a great lake.

Dave, did you get an email at all? Just wondering if it went through. I'll try again when I get home tonight.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       12-22-2009, 3:21 PM Reply   
No, didn't even get an email.
Old     (wstr01)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-22-2009, 7:10 PM Reply   
Used the one in your profile, as in clicked on the link......I'll try something else.....
Old     (wstr01)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-22-2009, 8:28 PM Reply   
Alright Dave, sent you some pics to the email at the wakespace@wakeworld.com addy