Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 27, 2006

Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       09-01-2006, 5:12 PM Reply   
Well I took the plunge on a new board. Got an 07 CWB Transcend. Will be leaving for a long weekend on the delta tonight and be riding all weekend. I'll give a review of it compared to my beat up 06 LF Substance. Heres some pics, My bindings sure match this board better, and of course it's already stickerd up! Wakeside sticker but I got it from Boarders Paradise, Much props to BP if they sent a sticker I'd be sporting it.
Upload
Upload
Old     (_jason_)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-01-2006, 5:18 PM Reply   
Lets get that review!! im thinking about the transend for the future... And have a 06 substance now.
Old     (wakeboarder3922)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-01-2006, 6:08 PM Reply   
I heard from a couple of my friends, that CWB boards are GREAT, but the bindings arn't as good. My friend was about to start his run at a contest, when his hinge tech binding cable broke. He said he will never buy CWB bindings again. So keep your sphynx man.
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-01-2006, 6:28 PM Reply   
"but the bindings aren't as good."

Don't listen to a word of that. The Zeus were the top selling binding in the market. Your friend should have made sure everything was in working order before a contest. Thats what I do, and depending on how good he is, will determine that amount of abuse that he dishes out. You pull your feet in and out of bindings 3-5 times everytime you ride, things are going to wear. That's what warranty is for. CWB Bindings are some of the best in the business.
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-01-2006, 6:29 PM Reply   
Oh, congrats on the purchase and welcome to the family.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-01-2006, 6:39 PM Reply   

quote:

The Zeus were the top selling binding in the market.

where'd you get that stat?

quote:

He said he will never buy CWB bindings again. So keep your sphynx man.

sure, cause we all know lf stuff doesn't break.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (wakeboarder3922)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-01-2006, 7:55 PM Reply   
Joe that is a very good point, but those bindings all have those base plates like snowboard bindings, do the sphynx have those?
Old     (ccryder)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-01-2006, 8:00 PM Reply   
I rode the Transcend on Wednesday and had a great ride, great pop fairly soft landings, nice ride overall. Congrats on the new set up.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-01-2006, 8:05 PM Reply   

quote:

those bindings all have those base plates like snowboard bindings, do the sphynx have those?

yep, they sure do.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-01-2006, 9:01 PM Reply   
Don't be hating on the Zeus unless you've ridden them... awesome
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-01-2006, 9:30 PM Reply   
Joe...
My Zeus' are ok, not as comfortable as my alphas but way more functional. I have only taken about 10 sets with them so maybe they will feel better in a couple of weeks.
Old     (ldebbold)      Join Date: Jun 2006       09-02-2006, 12:37 AM Reply   
Hopefully I'm not hijacking here, but I just got some parts from CWB to stiffen up the heel of my new factions (which I love) because the hinge pops open occasionally. The problem is I have to take the heel apart to install the new material and I can't get one of the mounting screws out. It looks like there is some blue lock tight on the one that I got out. Any suggestions on how to break the other one free. I've got a screwdriver that fits perfectly, I put some penetrating oil on it and pounding on it. No go.
Old     (tracy_marine_proshop)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-02-2006, 4:46 AM Reply   
What size are your bindings? & how far are you from Tracy?
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       09-02-2006, 7:21 AM Reply   
Sweet looking board David, wait until you ride it, it will blow your mind, great great board.
As far as CWB bindings go, give me a break wakeboarder 3922, CWB makes some of the best bindings on the market.
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       09-04-2006, 7:26 PM Reply   
well I just got back from my weekend at the delta. The board rode pretty good. Definitely different than my substance. My first ride I left the fins on and the thing tracked like a porsche. Second run took the fins off and it was like a whole new board, definitely more comfortable since I rode my substance finless. The board imo had a little less pop than my substance but definitely landed softer, the board is faster also than the substance. Personally I normally ride around 23mph and 80', to stay at the same speed I had to lengthen the rope to 85' or I also tryed 80' at 22mph I'm not sure which I like better but this board definitely doesn't pop up as much as my sub it's more of out. this is a good board and I think I like giving up a little pop for a fairly faster board allowing me to ride at a little slower speed.
Old     (offspringz28)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-05-2006, 8:13 AM Reply   
My Factions are amazing bindings. to me they feel/look better than the Zeus