Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 26, 2006

Old     (alindquist)      Join Date: Mar 2004       11-21-2006, 2:03 PM Reply   
I'm looking into getting my tower powder-coated along with the board racks and some vents on the back of the boat. I'm going to do the tower and vents white and the racks red (to match the speaker box). I'm wondering who has had this stuff done and how much you paid. The guy I'm talking to told me that it would be about $300 total (including sand blasting and re-coating). Just curious if I'm bout to get ripped off.
Old     (billhall)      Join Date: Jun 2006       11-21-2006, 2:08 PM Reply   
i had an FCT powder-coated for $90 here in SE Wisconsin. But it came from the Correct Craft as brushed aluminum so the powder-coating company didn't charge me for prep or sand blasting. Hope that helps.
Old     (super_air)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-21-2006, 2:44 PM Reply   
300 bucks sounds about right, I paid a little bit less but I only had the tower done. I would do it again if I had to because the difference is like night and day.
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (mim3)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-22-2006, 9:09 PM Reply   
The red looks great! Can you send me info on who did the work in WI? This could be a good winter project. Also, how does the powder coat hold up to use/weather? Thanks.