Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (Davewfo)      Join Date: Apr 2013       08-07-2016, 11:32 PM Reply   
Wanted to get some open feedback and thoughts from people and not trying to make this a pissing match. We mainly surf these days and have a few kids and like the extra room so really looking for a 23-25 Surf machine. The other big thing is resale value down the road looking for something that I won't take a bath on.

We recently sold a Nautique 230 that I have had for 3 years and actually made a couple thousand when selling it recently. I have had 4 Nautique's and have had excellent experience with them with the overall build quality and reliability. Now as many of you know boats are extremely expensive and Nautique is starting to prices them out of many people budgets and can't see myself spending $ 140-150k from a new G23. So I am starting to look at some of the following boats: Nautique G23 vs Supra SE / SG 450 vs Malibu LSV. The end of the season is coming so the other question is to wait and order a boat in the spring or get something now and have it sit during the winter.

Production number of boats per year.

- Malibu produce 6000 boats a year.
- Nautique produce 3200 a boats a year.
- Supra produce 300 boats a year.

Some of the boats I have been looking are below and some impressions so far from just visiting dealers (Not trying to piss anyone off just observations).

Malibu LSV 23 / 25

- PRO's:

1: Seems like some of the dealers are wanted it to deal a bit and have many have left over 2016's. 1a: What will resale be if dealers have a bunch of extra's which is a concern a few years down the road when I go to sell it.

2. Boats look great and have modern styling.

3. Love the drivers screen seems like you can get to things quickly.

- CON's;

1: A few people have said they have had a ton of problems with the new dash and they have a bunch of service bulletins. Don't how true this or if the issues have been fixed.

2: When I looked with my wife at 5 LSV'S both 23 and 25's i was really surprised at the stitching on the dash above the throtttle. Every single one of the boats that we looked at where the stitching comes together varied and were extremely wavy. One boat varied by close to 3/8's of a inch within a 20 inch sewing stitch line.

3. The rear facing observer seat when opening on the boat seemed very noisy and flimsy.

4. The new Interior seems like it might get very dirty quickly.

Nautique G23 ( everyone is saying to get a 2016 or 17 since the wake is the best).

- PRO'S:
1. It's a Nautique and they are built great and typically have great resale.

2. Fit and finish are one of the best in the market and everything is finished and even Seadeck in storage compartments.

- CON's:

1. They have changed the G23 almost every year with slight changes and some of the 13-14's are getting pretty cheap and getting into the mid high $80's. There are a decent amount of older G23'S out there and prices are dropping.

2. Some people I have spoken to are concerned about the new direct injection PCM motors long term with carbon buildup. Don't know if this is even true or really a issue there seems to be some articles about direct injection issues out there on a few newer vehicles. A few Nautique dealers said you are good for 5 years under warranty which is great.

3. The Lync screen on the 13-16 is small, I know the 2017's have a bigger screen.

4. Expensive

SUPRA SE450 (24.6 foot) SG450 (23.8 foot)

We are leaning more for the SE since they are basically the same price. The SG you have to pay $7k extra for the 450 and the SE you get the 450 by default.

- PRO'S

1. Boat looks great and really nice fit and finish from what I have seen so far.

2. Steering controls for stereo controls seems like a great idea. Giving the ability to use what looks like blinkers left to bump up your speed if surfing. Right to change trim tab on the fly.

3. Ability to order a 2017 and get it in 4 - 5 weeks which is great.

4. They come pretty loaded and use Roswell towers similar as Nautique.

5. Deep hull and seems like a G23 giving tons of storage and room.

- CON's

1. Don't know much about Supra and wonder what the resale will be.

2. Dealers seem small in the area who sell the Supra's.

3. Raptors motors don't know if that is a bad thing or good thing. I grew up being pretty loyal to Chevy vehicles and GM engines. * On the positive side everyone says great things on about the Raptors 450 motors

Please provide feedback and general thought you may have. If anyone has a Supra can you provide feedback on your experience owning one.

Sent from my iPhone please excuse any typos

Thanks