Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 05, 2004

Old     (bluesman)      Join Date: Oct 2002       03-26-2004, 5:50 PM Reply   
We booked a houseboat trip for early August. The marina (Bridge Bay) will give us parking passes when we arrive, but not in advance. That puts us at disadvantage for members of our party not arriving when we do.

I know others must have faced this same situation numerous times and resolved it. Is there some other place at the lake where there's overnight parking and a dock for loading/unloading people and their gear onto our Nautique to take them to/from the houseboat?

Somebody mentioned Forest Service areas, but I didn't find anything on their website.

I'd prefer something in the Pitt/McCloud/Squaw side of the lake.
Old    jetpilotrider03            03-26-2004, 7:59 PM Reply   
just go park by jones valley or silverthorn, your car will be fine
Old     (blastmaster)      Join Date: Aug 2001       03-26-2004, 9:14 PM Reply   
On the Pit Arm there is the Jones Valley public Launch. take 299 East toward Alturas to get there. It's a really nice ramp where you can park for day use fees of I think $5.00. This gives you acess to a car forgetting supplies if you need a trip to redding for ice or anything. The pit and Mccloud are the best IMO anyways.

Rick
Old     (jrichard)      Join Date: Aug 2001       03-27-2004, 7:08 AM Reply   
Get all the passes you need when you arrive and then give them to your guests when you come in to pick them up...they can run back up and put them on their car. Or you can stash your passes on your car and your guests can pick them up there.
Old     (sordave)      Join Date: May 2002       03-27-2004, 7:45 AM Reply   
Packers Bay is just across the lake from Bridge Bay about 5 minutes by car or boat. Very nice ramp and parking ($5 per day) and easy access to Bridge Bay area.
Old    gib            03-28-2004, 12:52 PM Reply   
I agree with Dave. Packers Bay is by far the best launch and parking on the Lake. I would go there if I where you. Its just north of Bridge Bay. Way easy drive.