Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 05, 2004

Old    bross            03-12-2004, 1:02 PM Reply   
Who did the Vandall ride for before Gator Boards.
Old     (jason_ssr)      Join Date: Apr 2001       03-12-2004, 1:07 PM Reply   
Obrien
Old    brettly            03-12-2004, 2:40 PM Reply   
Yup
Old     (john_v96)      Join Date: Apr 2003       03-12-2004, 6:43 PM Reply   
dont forget THRUSTER..
Old    beerdrnknboardr            03-12-2004, 6:50 PM Reply   
and solbound
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-12-2004, 7:27 PM Reply   
In order: Obrien (with Greg Nelson, when Randy was like 12 or something), Waketech (with Byerly), Thruster, Obrien (again), now Gator. Seems like Gator is a good fit. Let's hope they can stay in business. It's a tough market.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-12-2004, 10:47 PM Reply   
Don't forget Sound Boards.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-14-2004, 8:34 PM Reply   
about randall...i hear he is one of the most under appreciated riders. I have heard stuff like "he is better then parks." I know this is opinion, but he is one of those guys that is awesome but you dont see much?
Old    maverick_gear            03-15-2004, 10:36 AM Reply   
him and parks are definetly the 2 best riders in the world there styles are very different so it is arguable that one is better than the other but they are both insane, randall doesn't like competitions so you don't see his riding spotlight as much but if you come to a fullycommitted tour date when hes there you will absolutley freak out he is so fun to watch!!
Old     (wake_up_11)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-17-2004, 9:34 AM Reply   
Harris goes huge!!!!!!!
Old    cws_kahuna            03-17-2004, 9:47 AM Reply   
Harris is a very fun rider to watch, like Kelley said he goes huge.
Old     (mike_schwenne)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-17-2004, 3:04 PM Reply   
Harris basically revolutionized the wakeboard industry over the past couple years. After his section in "Natural Born Thrillaz" there was a huge change in the riding styles of many pros. After that video came out everyone was like, "wow, was that wakeboarding, that looked so cool" I don't believe that there was a legit pro in the industry that wasn't inspired.
Randy and parks are living together at the moment. Randy's actually been in singapore or japan for a little while. But I gaurantee when you stick riders like randy and parks in the same house, you are going to see the sport as we know it drastically change for the better.

Mike Schwenne
www.westcoastcamps.com
Old    maverick_gear            03-18-2004, 12:45 AM Reply   
I SECOND MIKES COMMENT!! did you have fun up here this last weekend bro? running on empty was off the hook!
Old     (fallinguphill)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-18-2004, 7:15 PM Reply   
Everyone needs to watch his part in MAYDAY. Or even some of the earlier vids. Then you will realize he has been revolutionizing this industry since he was a kid. Harris shows us just how much room for progression there is in our sport.
Old     (mike_schwenne)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-18-2004, 10:59 PM Reply   
I sure did have fun at the premier. I actually wrote a story for wakeworld, which should be up in a couple days.
Mike SChwenne
www.westcoastcamps.com
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-19-2004, 1:33 PM Reply   
SCHWEEEEENNNNEEE.....You're the man, dog. When's your pro model comin?
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-19-2004, 1:37 PM Reply   
Mike, I think we've found your biggest fan Only joking.
So when is your pro-model comming out? I heard you were getting the Antidote shape??
Old     (rootc)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-19-2004, 1:49 PM Reply   
"him and parks are definetly the 2 best riders in the world" - travial statement. I disagree completely. Parks is the best and he has proven it. I would say Harris is in the top 10(on my list) but nuber 2?????
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-19-2004, 1:57 PM Reply   
RootC you have you opinion, and he has his. I think Randy is a better rider than Parks, and thats my opinion. No-one can be the best, its all opinions.
But if we're going to go by contests, that would have to be shapiro.
Old    indifferent            03-19-2004, 2:32 PM Reply   
What the hell does "travial statement" mean. What is travial. Have I missed some part of the English language. Who is "but nuber 2?" I thought we were talking about Randy Harris.
Old     (cramey)      Join Date: Jun 2001       03-19-2004, 8:53 PM Reply   
rootc,

i think you need to rm -rf /; init 0
harris throws down so hard its rediculous.

bs7, and flat fs9s of the double are huge and stylish, throw in some some tech mobes and some ultra grabbed wrapped spins and you're done. and i would say that he throws the biggest bs 180 in the industry.

watch harris in the nbt dvd, then watch parks in metronome. that will answer all questions.

uNF!
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-19-2004, 9:33 PM Reply   
whoa ramey. couldn't have said it better myself. pound it.
Old    maverick_gear            03-20-2004, 4:03 PM Reply   
mine is not an opinion its proven both parks and randall feel the samde haven't you read Alliance?

hell ya ramey!!
Old    jetpilotrider03            03-20-2004, 6:02 PM Reply   
hey..how about this ya'll...read what shane says about wakeboarding forums in the new wakeboarding mag..it true...we need to stop making everything into some sorta comparison...this isn't promoting the sport..i'ts just making everyone hate each other..but thats just one man's opinion..late
Old     (eric_wake)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-20-2004, 6:50 PM Reply   
anyone know of any links that show randall riding?
Old    slideit            03-20-2004, 7:42 PM Reply   
why do you think he can't keep a sponsor.
Old     (fullonsalesgrp)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-20-2004, 8:52 PM Reply   
www.gatorboards.com
Old     (mike_schwenne)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-20-2004, 9:25 PM Reply   
I'm replying to a post way up there by kristian and Evan. My board is going to be out before summer hopefully. We're finishing up the graphics right now. It's so sick, I couldn't be more stoked.
As far as Randy not being able to keep a sponsor. He hasn't gone through that many sponsors really. Thruster, Obrien and now GB. Thruster went out of business, Obrien went through financial issues. Randy was the latest addition to there team, while the economy was doing well. When things got rough, probably weren't able to afford all of there riders. Now with GB, he's got the support that he needs to do his thing.
As far as saying one rider is better than another, it's all personal opinion and perspective. Randy, Nelson, Mikey Ennen and shapiro influence me more than anyone else but that's just me. Parks is rad because he fears nothing and has more natural talent than anyone I've ever seen on a wakeboard.
Mike Schwenne
www.westcoastcamps.com
Old    maverick_gear            03-21-2004, 9:00 AM Reply   
There are some clips of randall riding at www.gatorboards.com but you can go to www.sidewayz.com and buy natural born thrillaz and see some crazy stuff. i think they have some previews on their site too.
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       03-22-2004, 9:52 AM Reply   
I think the only sponsor that really dumped him was obrien a couple of years ago...which is kind if interesting because when he defended that move in alliance, he seemed to think he'd have consistent promotion and a bit of job security because he was with a waterski company. But I'm glad that he's found a home with GB...it seems like it's a good fit. anyway...

I'm pretty sure he left those other companies...sound, wake tech, obrien the first time around, thruster...it's not like he's a doofus or anything. And I will admit, he was a little punk way back when, but he really had some loyal sponsors standing by him...correct craft has been with him all these years, so I think that says a lot...

Back in 96 randy was totally inspiring...I thought sound was dope and I even have that promo video that they made. and every now and then I still like to watch his pro tour run at the orlando stop in 1996. YES!

As for shane's comments, that's kind of bs...there isn't a single forum out there that "only talks about progression." The transworld forums are a whole lot worse than these. This is an opinion forum and i don't think it's getting out of hand at all. Whether this discussion was brought up or not, you'll still have people that like randy and you'll still have people that dislike him. at least here we can post some persuasive views and maybe shed some light on the subject. But I will admit, sometimes there are some trivial threads started on these mb's.... HOlla!!
Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       03-22-2004, 1:57 PM Reply   
i took at look at those short vid clips on gatorboards and sidewayz, but couldn't save them to disk. is there anywhere that has mpegs of randall, that i can save to disk.
cheers