Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 01, 2007

Old     (norcal_wakejunky)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-06-2007, 3:51 PM Reply   
Has anyone figured out a good method to close off the bow from the swing open windshield down. Malibu supplies a clear panel that slides through guided slats. Just wondering has centurion created anything like this. I own an avalanche if people have any ideas please let me know. I guess I could get a snap cover for the bow, but maybe there is something out there that is cheaper or custom. I'm not that mechanically inclined so I'm definitely looking to buy.
Old     (enzostyle)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-06-2007, 5:11 PM Reply   
You can get the kit from your local dealer or probably factory direct. It is a smoked piece of acrylic. A storage pouch attaches to the motor side panel to store it when not in use.
Old     (famlyboader)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-06-2007, 7:29 PM Reply   
hey steve..jason is right,i also am getting one - has centurion logo on it also,looks real neat
Old     (jimzgirly)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-06-2007, 8:34 PM Reply   
They call it a windam...
Old     (jimzgirly)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-06-2007, 8:36 PM Reply   
sorry Wind dam... :-)
Old     (cawakeboarder12)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-07-2007, 9:36 AM Reply   
Steve learn from your mistake don't by a centurdion
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-07-2007, 12:17 PM Reply   
Centurion has many options. Wind dams are commonly available option from many brands including Centurion. CA Wakeboarder 12, your comment is pretty thin and maybe spiteful, why do bother making them?
Old     (cawakeboarder12)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-07-2007, 2:24 PM Reply   
Ed BIG SHOW lol,because people always complain about I didnt get this on my boat. And he did it in two different ones. So I think it is pretty funny. Plus cenTURDion are junk.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-07-2007, 2:33 PM Reply   
Reading the text above I'd say he did not order the option on his Avy. I don't read that he owned a Malibu, just that he's seen it on a bu, that's one not two.

Reading your text I'm assuming your still in the K-12 school system. Stay in school, get a good education, then some day, buy the boat that you like.
Old     (famlyboader)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-07-2007, 5:28 PM Reply   
YOU TELL HIM ED!!! I will put CENTURION boat up against any other. Dont get me wrong ,there are very few boats that I dont like.All look and perform good to me.
Old     (2onboone)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-07-2007, 5:34 PM Reply   
yeah they come in different colors, my avy is white and it came with a cool black see through one
Old     (future)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-07-2007, 6:22 PM Reply   
I own a moomba and wanted one also and I just called some local shops that work with plastic. They made me one for about 50 bucks including some plastic rails that they even installed for me. Looks and works great. I went with clear but they could have done it in any color. I'll take some picks and post them up if you want.
Old     (norcal_wakejunky)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-09-2007, 9:37 AM Reply   
Thanks fellas for the input, do any of you have pics available as an example or maybe a website that explains it? The kit that you buy, does it come with guides you have to attach to the fiberglass? Dan (future) can I get the number of the company that did yours.
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-09-2007, 9:53 AM Reply   
There is a picture of mine at Wakesiderides.com look at the link below. I would go factory. It will fit and look better IMO. http://www.wakesiderides.com/rides/index.php?page=out&id=1010

I didn't want to even comment on Cawakeboarder's post, but never tell someone else there boat is junk. At least he has got one. Anyway, I'm going on my 6th year with a Centurion and both boats I have owned have been rock solid. Absolutely nothing to complain about here.
Old     (norcal_wakejunky)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-09-2007, 10:06 AM Reply   
I have been riding on Centurions as old as 2000 and everyone of them are still running and in great condition. I bought an avalanche because my friends had an 02 that had 1000 hours, 1000 HOURS! thats amazing and only had issues with the center ballast pump. They just recently bought a 2006 VLX but they tell me they actually like their avalanche wake better. I think they are still getting used to it. I'm sold on Centurion so haters think what you want.
Old     (norcal_wakejunky)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-09-2007, 10:09 AM Reply   
Lance

Your wind dam looks awesome, I like the logo on it. If you don't mind me asking how much did that cost or how much was the option from the factory.
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-09-2007, 10:51 AM Reply   
Steve if I remember correctly it was around a 150 or 200 $$$ option. I would call Shell at the Merced plant and just buy it direct. It may be a little cheaper since there is no labor involved.
Old     (norcal_wakejunky)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-09-2007, 11:19 AM Reply   
What do you mean no labor involved, won't either myself of Centurion have to install the guides? Or do you mean labor to make the wind dam?
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-10-2007, 5:20 AM Reply   
150.00 to 200.00 is the price when the factory installs it. I was thinking you would buy direct and install it yourself. But when you really think about it how much labor could be involved in installing this maybe at the most 15min. So there is probably not a whole lot of savings there.
Old     (norcal_wakejunky)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-10-2007, 8:50 AM Reply   
True,

I'm not the mechanical sort, especially the thought of drilling holes into fiberglass.
Old     (hemihauler)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-10-2007, 9:08 AM Reply   
Hey Dan, I would like to see pics of your wind dam.
Old     (sk_centurion)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-10-2007, 9:34 AM Reply   
I just tried to get a wind dam from centurion for my 05 Lightning They did not make one for my boat the one they have would have to be modified to much so I did not go with it. They wanted $260 0r $240. I am making my own right now I just got two 24" Aluminum C-Channel $9.00 and a piece of Plexiglass $20.00 I am going to be putting a carpet material in the channel to prevent rattles and I might tint the glass. I got some Centurion Decals to put on it to. It will almost be the same as factory. I will post pics when I am done.
Old     (bamacpa)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-10-2007, 10:46 AM Reply   
Jay, where did you get the aluminum C-channels from? What are you going to use to cut the plexiglass with?

Do any of you guys have any whistling noises coming from the top or bottom of your wind dams?
Old     (midlifecrisis)      Join Date: Feb 2007       04-10-2007, 4:17 PM Reply   
Steve,
I was planning on doing one myself for my Avy, however, it is not needed now because the air temp. is tolerable. I did make the template out of cardboard. It took a few tries to make it right but who cares...cardboard is cheap. Then I was going to go to Home Depot or Lowes and buy the clear plexi glass. Lay the template down on the plexiglass and cut out your wind dam. I will not go the channel route because I do not want to drill holes in my boat. Since it is a seasonal thing, i will attach my wind dam with velcro (use white to match the interior). You can buy rubber molded stripping to put on the edges of the wind dam to prevent scratching. I know it sounds cheesy, but if you take your time it will serve the purpose for a whole less $$.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-10-2007, 4:30 PM Reply   
You can do a lot with card board, I made a surfboard from left over surfboard shipping boxes.

http://www.wakesurf.net/media/showphoto.php/photo/259
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (sk_centurion)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-11-2007, 8:47 AM Reply   
Allen I got the Aluminum C-channel from a metal shop that sells to the public. The sell and make outdoor funrniture and various metal products. The outside dimention is 1/2" I got the clear plexi-glass from Home depo its just under 1/2". Plexi-Glass is easy to cut I am going to use a Jig saw with a fine metal blade then sand down the edges. You have to go slow when cutting because you will melt it. You could use a table saw or circular saw. I think the Jig saw is the best. I am going to use cardboard before I cut the plexi-glass.