Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 06, 2004

Old    stoked27            06-25-2004, 5:28 PM Reply   
Hey, I'm pretty new to wakeboarding. 2004 Liquid Force Trip 143 with Alpha bindings. Is it a good deal for $400 brand new? I looked up the retail of the board, and it seems like its a good deal, but I have a feeling something's fishy about it. Thanks a lot.
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-25-2004, 5:49 PM Reply   
Is it new or used? If new, it's a good deal. That setup retails at over 500 bones.

SFH

PS. You'll dig the Alphas, they're great bindings.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-25-2004, 5:59 PM Reply   
Yea if it's new then thats a great deal!

PS. You'll really dig the the Trip too... awesome for every level rider and the basis of almost every other Liquid Force board!
Old    stoked27            06-25-2004, 6:09 PM Reply   
I love the Alphas, I ride a 136 Hyperlite Premier biolite. (with alphas) I love the whole setup, but I don't have any wakeboard buddys around me, so no one has a board. I need a bigger board for them to ride, so hopefully I can get some more people wakeboarding around here. Thanks a lot for you help. I appreciate it.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-25-2004, 6:21 PM Reply   
Sounds like a good price. Make sure the bindings are alphas though. Sometimes they put the alphas in the picture but if you read the fine print you have to add $50 for the bindings. Great deal, although the board is a little big unless you are about 220 lbs. I used to have one when I was 235lbs and it was a great board. Now im 170 and am riding a substance 136.
Old    stoked27            06-25-2004, 9:22 PM Reply   
I only weigh 150lbs, but I'd like to get a bigger board so other people can use it. If you ride a 143 at 225lbs, I may go with a 138 Trip. (the store that gave me the offer only has a 138 and 143. I'm glad that it's a good deal. I think I'm going to go w/it.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-25-2004, 9:46 PM Reply   
138 is much better fit. You will not be dissappointed with that board. Anyone can use that board, if its your first wake jump to you first invert. That is the board that started it all and a lot of the boards on the marked are based on the 6 fin set up.
Old     (flashalexb)      Join Date: May 2004       06-25-2004, 10:15 PM Reply   
Yea its a good deal there are many $400 dollar sets out there. Liquid Force and CWB just to name a few look around and find one you like.
Old    stoked27            06-26-2004, 5:07 PM Reply   
I just went riding today, tightened all my screws, and still had one rip off when I wiped out. I kinda stripped the screw hole, and I also noticed that the coating on the board is peeling away on the backside (riding normal). Is that not supposed to happen? I'm thinking it may be from either cutting backside, or from the bungee on my wakeboard rack. It's got me worried, does that happen to most boards?