Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 06, 2004

Old    naylz            06-28-2004, 7:14 AM Reply   
We are heading to Minnesota for nine days the third week of July. Going to be in the Twin Cities, White Bear Lake, Eagan duringt the weekends. During the week we'll be at Horse shoe lake in Brainard.

What lakes should we ride?
Old    hyp3rl1t3            06-28-2004, 9:43 AM Reply   
I'd hit up Lake Minnetonka, sometimes its hard to find calm water but there are tons of bays. Theres also tons of people when your not riding to hang with on the islands. Not to sure about anywhere else in White Bear or Eagan though. Peace
Old    yearling            06-28-2004, 10:41 AM Reply   
Hey if your in the Twin Cities then Pior Lake is always an option. The south side is almost always flat. Its right by shokopee and burnsville. Thers alot alot of wakeboard boats on the lake so youd wana go on a weekday.
Old    mnboarder            06-28-2004, 12:11 PM Reply   
Since you'll already be up there anyway, check out White Bear Lake and Bald Eagle Lake (right next to eachother) White Bear gets very crowded on the weekends but calms down later in the afternoon. Other options would be Big Marine, Lake Elmo, or Forest Lake. There are tons of options as far as lakes go, the key is to pick the right time to go in order to avoid lake traffic. On the weekends that would be before noon and after 5, anytime before 5 during the week.
Old    shaggydan22            06-29-2004, 3:46 AM Reply   
Lake Keller is also near White bear lake. We usually ride there in the beginning of the season. Stay away from the bay south of 36 though.
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-29-2004, 6:20 AM Reply   
get the thule snowboard racks for your car www.thule.com or www.rackwarehouse.com
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-29-2004, 6:22 AM Reply   
whooops i posted this in the wrong thread
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       06-29-2004, 2:47 PM Reply   
Don't you dare go to Big Marine! Thats my lake! Anyway, Steve, you ever been up there? My fam has 2 cabins on the lake and we are there 5-6 days/nights a week. Look for the purple MC and come say hi.

I hear ya about the "bay" south of 36 on keller. Looks more like a sewage dump to me.