Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2004

Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-09-2004, 9:02 AM Reply   
Does anyone know who is in control of the actual wakeboard construction process. Im guessing that someone with more knowledge about constructing wakeboards is doing this job. Is it the same guys from Badass, because someone told me this?
Old     (tantrum20)      Join Date: Nov 2001       08-09-2004, 9:41 AM Reply   
I know that somebody presses their board but I'm not totally sure who it is... might be the same places than double up and blindside or something like that... I'm pretty sure I heard that CWB is the only wakeboard company that presses their own boards...
I'm pretty sure someone here has more info about all this...
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-09-2004, 9:54 AM Reply   
yea it just seems wierd that their first and second year of making boards they have awesome molds and good construction.
Old    r_dub            08-09-2004, 10:03 AM Reply   
I know that a company named Triton Sports presses their boards. Which is the same company that makes doubleup and blindside. And then I heard that some of the molds from badass where passed on to Gator. But I have no idea how that worked out. There are a few Gator reps who bounce around this board, so Im sure they could go into much more detail.
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-09-2004, 11:28 AM Reply   
VINNY!!!
where you at?
Old    slidervinny            08-09-2004, 11:32 AM Reply   
im kicken it at the desk doing the usaul shipping , what up did you ride the rg yet or what.
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-09-2004, 11:36 AM Reply   
NO. The man is keeping me down. Since I got the board, I have worked 14 hour days for almost 2 weeks straight including weekends. Work SUX! I plan on ripping it up this weekend even if I have to quit my job.
Old    slidervinny            08-09-2004, 11:53 AM Reply   
nice let me know,and for all the gator board questions ,gator boards is dedicated to making our boards stand out and being the best board company we can be,be prepared for the 05 boards its all new and for sure going to be the hottest boards on the water.
Old    shopguy            08-09-2004, 11:54 AM Reply   
This is the way is goes....Triton sports double up/blindside was pressing gator boards..now motion sports o'brian/liquid force bought triton sports...So i heard gator bought there own presses...So they may be doing there own for 05...So in a nut shell liquid force,o'brien,blindside,double-up are all the same co...
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-09-2004, 12:05 PM Reply   
triton sports was pressing gator boards.
motion sports is still pressing gator boards.

motion sports bought out triton sports (doubleup, blindside, wet tech, hardline), as well as o'brien, liquid force, hyperlite, and i do believe buying cwb out is in the works.

so, in conclusion, motion sports owns the main players in the game.

as for badass, gator owns the molds to the old badass designs, which is still one of the sickest boards out there.
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-09-2004, 12:11 PM Reply   
so customer service should all be the same
Old    shopguy            08-09-2004, 1:36 PM Reply   
i don't think hyperlite in owned by motion sports...I think it is kent sports..I heard that also about CWB then i heard it was all rumers..
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-09-2004, 3:05 PM Reply   
i do believe motion sports = kent sports.
Old    shopguy            08-09-2004, 6:35 PM Reply   
I don't know about that? I think a small in vester in kent bought motion sports? Im really not sure..It's kinda confussing.
Old     (speedy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-09-2004, 6:57 PM Reply   
Hey Vinny,
when are you going to ship some of those 05 Ricky G's out to the west coast? I can't find them anywhere (04 or 05).

mark
Old    slidervinny            08-10-2004, 7:29 AM Reply   
they are being shipped now,call your dealer and tell them to pickem up, i fill my selves and within a week they are gone.