Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 14, 2007

Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-12-2007, 10:32 AM Reply   
Probably getting ahead of myself, but I know the Surf Expo starts tomorrow. So I thought I would get it started because I am very curious about these boards. Entrust gave us good pics...now time to tell the story about these boards and boots. How is the ride and any additional information would be great as well! THX
Old     (turbonine)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-12-2007, 3:04 PM Reply   
Been riding with a guy the last 3 days that has an 08 Murray.
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-12-2007, 3:20 PM Reply   
jason....how is the ride? does he have the new boots too?
Old     (projectely4)      Join Date: Apr 2003       09-12-2007, 5:27 PM Reply   
rode the sub6
pretty sweet
Old     (turbonine)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-12-2007, 7:13 PM Reply   
I don't know how it rides. Murray's board is a little too short for me to ride so I haven't even thought about asking to try it. Shaun doesn't even have a pair of his 08 boots yet. All I have heard is they are going to be lighter and no boa. Should be pretty sweet.
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-12-2007, 8:36 PM Reply   
Billy...so the sub6 is sweet.....any more details..characteristics etc. etc... Jason...so the guy your riding with is Shaun....Nice. He is probably the only one that has the board right now....I am sure we will start getting info over the next couple days with the Surf Expo happenin. Thx for the info. Jason...pick up Shaun's board for a weight rank. I heard it is pretty light.
Old     (obrienride16)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-12-2007, 9:35 PM Reply   
scott, i've ridden a few sets on the sub6. it rides good. my buddies love it, but its not really my style. It does have a ton of pop, and you can definately notice the stiffer core and lighter weight. personally i just felt it was too narrow and fast for my style, but like i said, alot of my buddies liked it alot
Old     (jdj)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-13-2007, 3:42 AM Reply   
The Murray board ROCKS!!! I have been lucky enough to try it for a week. This year it is a three stage rocker. It has a channel between the fins and a hexagon shaped bottom deck. It makes for soft landings. The board has great pop and lands so soft. I landed two new inverts on it so far. It tracks so well. It seems much faster than last year’s board to me. I can't wait to get my own.
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-13-2007, 5:01 AM Reply   
John, thanks for the info. I have ordered the 140 board (grey top) with the new white boots. So I am super stoked. Curious about that Sub6...Thanks Dave for the post too. John, What size Murray board were you riding? I noticed on your profile that you are on the n 08 Murray in the pic. Got any more pics of the board you can post? Like a pic of the bottom of the deck you described would be cool.
Old     (turbonine)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-13-2007, 5:45 AM Reply   
Word is that the setup should be 4 pounds lighter than last years.
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-13-2007, 6:07 AM Reply   
Jason...that is SWWWEEETTTT! on the Murray...Light is good. I wonder with the Sub6 being the same as the 3DS for shape, if Rusty will be riding that board for 08. and would it be legal to ride in comp. the plattys are legal I have noticed. Hmmmm. If not Rusty, maybe another rider will be jammin that board.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       09-13-2007, 8:50 AM Reply   
Legal? I've never heard of an illegal board? Will they start putting restrictions on rocker and dimensions like the PGA Tour does with golf clubs?
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       09-13-2007, 8:54 AM Reply   
illegal? 4 pounds?
Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       09-13-2007, 10:40 AM Reply   
scott rusty has his own pro model board
Old     (chris_williams)      Join Date: May 2007       09-13-2007, 10:46 AM Reply   
its legal to ride a 2x4 if you want. no cops to bust ya lol
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-13-2007, 11:21 AM Reply   
Billy...true that...Is his model replacing the 3DS? I did not see the 3DS on the 08 Hyperlite post. That is why I thought his model maybe will replace the 3DS since that is what he was riding. And the Sub6 design being based off the 3DS. See where I am going with this? The Transcend and Marius have a foam and platty version. Just thinking....ya know!
Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       09-13-2007, 3:50 PM Reply   
i think it got renamed
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-14-2007, 4:57 AM Reply   
roger that Billy,,, it got renamed to the Pulse.
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-17-2007, 4:38 AM Reply   
Lets see the pics of these boards from Surf Expo. I am looking for good pics of the bindings too. Saw the pics from Alliance wake. Just looking for more shots with more detail. Thanks in advance!