Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 21, 2008

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-09-2008, 10:28 PM Reply   
Sorry, don't have any pictures... it was far to busy to get any quality photos without seeing a bunch of tire kickers climbing in and out of every nice boat!

As usual... MC had all the bling going on. Boats up on lifts... LED light displays... Metal flake every where! Nice boats... lots of bling!

SAN - not much has changed, just edgier graphics.

Malibu - lots of bling and lots of electronics... always drawing a crowd.

Supra - I like the new graphics.

Centurian - Can't believe that not more first time buyers dont jump all over the Falcon V $39k boat show special. What a price!

Supreme... via Olympic Boat Center... As a V220 owner.. I was disappointed to see the finish on the V212... nice seating layout etc... but they should have re-made the deck so the seating was all part of the deck... instead they have just made boxes for seat bases on the side seats. Also... a Centurian PerfectPass display... hahahah... Why would you put that one on display in a boat show.

Some big surprises...

Svfara was down on the main floor with their new SV3.. NO not the one in the Boat Review Magazine with the Red and Black Scorpion decal... but a very classy white with taupe and black accents... so much thought went into this boat.. you have to see to believe... and I have to say STILL... the nicest fit and finish in the industry... climb in and out of every boat and then take a look at the Svfara... the boat is finished like a fine German Automobile... and the vinyls.. are the closest thing to leather... WOW... one of my favs!!!

WakeCraft made is debut at the boat show... a small booth on the concourse... but had a beautiful display... and the boat... wow... the carbon fiber accents (real carbon fiber... not decals...) layed right into the hull... and the motorized engine hatch... when it is opened to the max... the fact you can access all sides of the engine easily... is sure handy!!! They also had some drawings for a new 23 footer... seating like the Tige RZ4/MC X-Star... but without the picklefork....

Tige booth... had the 20V.. 22i Type R (One of my all time fav boats) It is just so practical!!! But being a direct drive it doesnt get the respect since it isnt a V-Drive. The RZ2 and RZ4 were very nice.

Overall... the boat show was nice way to spend a Saturday afternoon...

From a display and buyers (current owners) standpoint... I can think of so many ideas that would aid in marketing a boat... and help dealers give potential buyers a better idea of how their boats perform on the water... bling, loud music, flashing lights may get spectators to the booth... but I think other aspects would not only get spectators, but get people who come with chequebook in hand...

Overall... the boats are getting nicer and nicer every year... If I won the lottery... I am sure I could decide on one favorite!