Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old                05-15-2003, 7:59 PM Reply   
I can jump the wake toeside and land on the otherside 100% of the time. However, only about 50% of these jumps I actually get good pop. Unfortunatly I do not have the benefit of film to see what i'm doing right or wrong. Really trying to get these down pat so I can get this toeside frontroll. Is it the angle of the board hitting the wake? I usually take a pretty hard cut toeside. Sometimes I feel I may be leaning back a bit much when I hit the wake. Is that it?

As for the frontrolls. I'm clearing the wake, and usually what feels like pretty good pop. Sometimes I throw to early, but I can fix that. My rotation aint what it should be. I'm landing on my arse on the otherside of the wake. How do I get that extra 25% rotation in?

Thanks for any tips!

Hunt
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       05-15-2003, 9:48 PM Reply   
Not sure what the wake of the boat you are riding behind is like, but try really standing on your front foot, more than you think you need to. It will pop you straight up more than out. In fact take less of a cut with more edge at the wake, until you have the TS jump where you want it, then start taking it out into the flats. Once you get more air you will have more time to rotate the roll.
Old     (mvda)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-22-2003, 9:06 AM Reply   
Most people learning the front roll open up their body before they get all the way around. This slows rotation causing the rider to land on one's arse. Stay tucked until you see the water. That will help you to land on your toe edge. Look to the shore on the landing with the handle in the "back pocket" of your leading hip and ride away. If you do the same trick, but hold on with both hands and look to the boat on the landing, you'll have landed a scarecrow. I find those to be a bit easier. Good luck.