Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 14, 2005

Old     (fergie23)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-27-2005, 3:09 PM Reply   
Please post pictures of your v-ride and let me know if you are happy wioth it and what options you got...Thx!
Old     (s4inor)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-27-2005, 6:04 PM Reply   
Here are a few v-Rides.
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       10-27-2005, 6:49 PM Reply   
my fav is darth vride
Old     (fergie23)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-28-2005, 9:26 AM Reply   
thanks for the link...great pics, great site!

any thoughts on wedge vs. triple ballast on this boat?
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-28-2005, 12:21 PM Reply   
get both!
Old     (fergie23)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-28-2005, 2:22 PM Reply   
I'm tring to keep the ride as close to $40K as possible...thinking the bare necessities are:

Wedge
Stereo
cleats

would like bimini, cover, depth guage, racks...

anything else a necessity? going to demo it tomorrow!
Old     (jpk)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-28-2005, 2:45 PM Reply   
If you want to get it at 40K, then you are right at base price. To do that you should consider dropping the stereo option and adding it in later. The stereo is actually the only major option I did not put on my V-Ride, because at $1100 it is something I can do myself when I feel like spending the money.

I think you might want to put that money towards the rear ballast or an engine upgrade instead. Remember that the V-Ride doesn't come standard with any frills (no heater, flip up seats, stereo, etc.), but at least it does come with all of the fundamentals (tower, cruise control, center ballast). Therefore, I don't think any of the options are truly "necessary" to have a decent boat.

You could really even add the wedge later at your discretion if you want to stay close to $40K. You might be happy enough for a while with just the ballast tanks.

For the record, I got my V-Ride with these upgrades:
Rear Ballast
Monsoon 340 engine
Complete wedge assembly
Stainless turndown exhaust tips
Fiberglass swim platform
3-outlet heater and hot wrap blanket
4 pullup cleats
Flip-up drivers seat
Custom cover
Malibu wakeboard racks
Custom solid deck color upgrade
Custom solid hull color upgrade
Custom decals
Dealer installed boat alarm
Old     (fergie23)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-28-2005, 4:06 PM Reply   
Jay, I am also wondering if there is any room to deal on the add-on's. I have heard base price is standard but wondering about extra's. May I ask what you paid for yours? sounds very nice! is it 2005 or 2006? which tower did you get, the Illusion X?