Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 19, 2005

Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-17-2005, 12:33 PM Reply   
Last saturday I must say one of the funnest yet!

Sun beeming,got to the Elsie channel and Steve from CWB,Trevor Hansen,Jeff Frew,David Williams the WW man himself just to name the few people that were there!

AND THEN........

It was time for Trevor to ride.Shawn,Josh and I jumped on Steve's boat in a heartbeat to see Trevor ride like we were little kids.Needless to say trevor was high flying like Superman!!This one 180 blind that he did landing like 20+ feet it the flats not even looking at the boat the whole time.WOW There's all this tricks that he did... to tell you the truth,he fliped and spun so many times I couldn't even tell you what trick he did but it looked like that is not even possible!Step down Harf.....I got a new favorite rider!!But I also got to say it was b\c he is the most down to earth kind of guy.Not stuck up AT ALL and he said he was glad to meet me..can you believe that?!!The guy is a super character and wish him best in all future event and comps.

Between all the siiick riders that were there,to all the siick boats that were there,to all the friends that were there and last but not least the eye candy that was there!!

Hopefully alot more fun filled days like this one to come!! Thanks guys and to my crew that day.The wakestar,Shawn wilson and Joshua the trojanman.

(Message edited by big_ed_x2 on May 17, 2005)
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-17-2005, 12:54 PM Reply   
Calling out the tricks will come with experience my friend. He is a nice guy though...I mean kid!

Evan, Billy, and I hung out with him was he was in town for the boat show.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-17-2005, 12:55 PM Reply   
He throws down on the ping pong table too
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       05-17-2005, 1:22 PM Reply   
That was a very fun day. It was cool to meet everybody and watch Trevor ride. Great weather and great people!!

Did I mention that Steve Bates did a fashion air? :-)
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-17-2005, 1:29 PM Reply   
yeah..Thanks again Dave.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-17-2005, 4:02 PM Reply   
I seen that pic before and really didn't notice him on the left...That's crazy!Did you guys just play ping pong or did you guys ride??
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-17-2005, 6:44 PM Reply   
Ed you are a great host, I had an awesome day. Everyone rode great, both Josh and I working on new stuff. Josh grabbing his crow, and I was way to close to landing those heel side slob three's. Once again thank you for a great day, my friend and I can't wait to ride with you on the delta.

Jeff - It was awesome as always to hang out with you. Thanks for introducing me to Trevor and Steve Bates. You’re always looking out for me.

Dave - It was nice to see you again.

I have some good shots, unfortunately none of Trevor, but I'll resize and post them here in a few.
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-17-2005, 8:35 PM Reply   
Here are my pics.
half cab
indy

switch backroll
toe three
heel three
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-17-2005, 8:41 PM Reply   
Ed's pics.

Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-17-2005, 8:45 PM Reply   
J-Rod, I see a couple of pizza boxes on the counter. Poor guy, get's flown out to boat shows & local comps, probably winds up eating pizza and sleeping on air mattresses/sofas everytime...(same menu at my house).

Seriously, Trevor is one of the most personable, geunine, and nicest guys I have ever met. Mad people skills. Probably as important (to his sponsors) as his boardriding skills. Just a lot of fun to hang out with.

As far as boardriding skills, got to see Trevor ride 3 sets Friday afternoon/Saturday morning. Everything was smooth, tweaked and/or grabbed. Indy tantrum 2 blind, crow mobe 5, whirly 5, pete rose, 313, on & on... Every jaw in the boat just laying on the carpet. Huge grabbed HS & TS backside 180s & spins that would make even Randall Harris green with envy. On the "my favorite riders" list too.

Steve Bates - is the reason that we are now seeing CWB all over SoCal. 2-3 years ago, I could only think of 3 people I knew that were riding CWB, and I thought "why?". Now, at local events, I see as much CWB equipment out there as anything else. Maybe more. Hell of a guy.

Ed & Shawn, so glad to see you guys out on the water Saturday, glad you got to hang with us and watch Trevor ride.

Big wakes & smooth water to everyone!

(Message edited by socalwakepunk on May 17, 2005)
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-17-2005, 8:48 PM Reply   
Josh's pics.
crow
three

tantrum

backroll

Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-17-2005, 9:50 PM Reply   
Dammit...I look like a retard out there and that wasn't my bad day of riding!I need to do something different!I think I'm getting back in my groove tho.I had few towering toeside w2w jumps,even landed in the flats on one of them so I was happy!

Josh ~ That nose grab.SIIIICK!!!

Thanks for the pics Shawn,ohh and you rip dude!

(Message edited by big_ed_x2 on May 17, 2005)