Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 17, 2007

Old     (ryand121)      Join Date: Feb 2007       06-04-2007, 10:41 PM Reply   
Noticed the last two times when I put the boat in the water, the inline fuse on the amp power supply wire was blown. I replaced the fuse and the tower speakers ran fine the whole day. The next weekend when I went out, same prob, replaced the fuse, ran fine all day. Once I got the boat home that day, I checked the amp, and the fuse was blown, I replaced it and turned on the key, and now the amp isn't getting power at all. I checked power and ground wires, both good, fuse is good, and remote wire is good and tight, so now what else could it be. Not sure if it's related, but also just noticed that when I skip tracks on a CD, I can hear interference in the tower speakers. Please help, I'm not very stereo literate, Thank you.
Old     (jpshaff01)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-04-2007, 11:13 PM Reply   
Is the gauge big enough? What amp is it and what gauge wire do you have for power and ground.
Old     (ryand121)      Join Date: Feb 2007       06-04-2007, 11:23 PM Reply   
I've been running this setup since I bought the boat new in '05 without an issue until now. The amp is a Rockford Fosgate 5002, not sure of the wire guage.
Old     (super_air)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-05-2007, 9:04 AM Reply   
Check your cables at the battery not just the amp, also check all of your ends for corrosion on the terminals at your speakers and amp connections.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-05-2007, 10:09 AM Reply   
Sounds like an issue with the power wire. Might be corroded or something. If it looses contact for some reason and then re-connects it can blow the fuse.