Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       02-27-2012, 10:26 AM Reply   
Look at the pictures on page 1.
Old     (pennery)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-27-2012, 10:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by alans View Post
I have.

I am still not convinced the one piece deck is a "Stronger" way to build I am no Engineer however the floor in the Malibu looks like a more solid way to go... It looks like it takes more Labour to acheive the same result as well... Even the multi piece floor has to provide some structural integrity.
Old     (Brett_B)      Join Date: Sep 2010       02-27-2012, 12:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by alans View Post
We've all seen the pictures. How is a 1-piece fiberglass floor stronger than a multi-piece floor, and how does that difference impact the overall sturdiness of the boat? I'm not talking about storage space differences, I'm talking about structural quality as several here have stated. Give us some facts, otherwise it's just a marketing line.

Last time I checked fiberglass molding wasn't exactly a real expensive process. I wouldn't be surprised if the one-piece floor was cheaper than the approach Malibu uses on the VLX/LSV. Afterall they use the 1-piece floor on their budget Axis line. Sea-Doo jet boats use a 1-piece floor too, does that make them higher quality than Malibu as well?
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-27-2012, 12:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett_B View Post
Afterall they use the 1-piece floor on their budget Axis line. Sea-Doo jet boats use a 1-piece floor too, does that make them higher quality than Malibu as well?
Maybe this is due to the Axis being a new boat? If the MXZ is using it and the Axis is using it...maybe they have plans to change over? I'm not an engineer either but it seems that a single piece is stronger than 2 pieces. The advantage two would have over one would be flexibility of the molds. You could potentially use the same seat and floor mold for several models. Just typing out loud here, no idea if that is the reason or not.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-27-2012, 1:07 PM Reply   
not sure if the 2012 LSV is carpeted floor and seat bases, but I really liked it in the older vlx's. The one piece fiberglass floor design does not allow for the carpet seat bases like in the supras, some malibus and I think moomba. I know there are pros and cons of the carpet, and now that I have a boat with fiberglass flooring with snap in carpet I am very happy with it. But I did love my buddies 07 vlx with carpet everywhere. The engine noise and vibration was noticably different than the same year xstar with the one piece fiberglass floor. It also feels more luxurious, more of a living room feel to it. He had the optional "carpet saver" on the floor that allowed him to pull it out and let dry so that he never got that mildew smell that is common with this design. Plus, the carpet saver just made the already plush floor even softer. I loved it and so did the wife. another buddy has the lsv with young kids and does not have the carpet saver. he says he can smell the mildew sometimes, I never have. there is noticable difference in interior engine noise and vibration in boats such as mine with snap/magnet carpet over fiberglass.

I am bummed that the trend is going to the all fiberglass design as I think the carpets pros way out weigh the cons. I too think that the one piece is cheaper, easier, and less labor intensive, and also do not believe that it makes the boat more "solid". all the 2000+ bus feel as solid as the 2000+ mc's i have driven. even my 98 tige with a built wood carpeted floor was super solid, even with 3200 lbs ballast.

alan, you seem like a nice guy and have been handling yourself well the second half of this thread, even as you get lamb basted by these guys... but you unfortunately are a mc dealer/salesman, and you are now part of a company that has a bad sales reputation. I have experienced the same "nautique mystique" from mastercraft salesmen as these other guys, and many of my friends have too. Nobody I know, except for one guy who is the type that needs to have the "best of the best" has a mastercraft, and I believe it is because of the sales situation.

every other boat company salesman that I have gone too usually speaks %80 about the boat we are looking at, there are slams towards other boat manufacturers, but very little. If you tell them of another boat you are looking at, they will show you where their boat is better, and of course, not show you where their boat is lacking. but man, walk into a mc dealership and it feels as if they are trying to get you to believe that every other boat company sucks, leaving you with no other option but to buy a mastercraft, even though you know very little about the boat you are looking at. it didn't work on me, or anyone else on my lake. the mc dealer is the closest to my lake, and i have not seen one mastercraft wakeboat newer than 06. i have seen an 09 ski boat of some sort, x-7 or x-9?

hopefully you can take all this criticism with an open mind and maybe move your dealership forward and improve mc's reputation in your area.