Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 19, 2006

Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-10-2006, 5:00 AM Reply   
If so, how do they sound compared to the Addictions or Wetsounds and how much power are you pushing to each channel? The wait is killing me and I need to know if it's worth it.
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-10-2006, 9:55 AM Reply   
That's sad that nobody has these yet. How long can they delay the release. Is this the same thing that happened with the Deafcon's?
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-10-2006, 10:01 AM Reply   
these speakers better be the best thing since sliced bread for as long as people are waiting for them
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       05-10-2006, 11:03 AM Reply   
I've never heard them before but I can't see them being that much better (or worth the wait IMO) than any of the above mentioned speakers? It's the beginning of summer and you've still got a tower w/o speakers. There quite a few good reviews on both the addicitons and wetsounds. What makes you think it's worth the wait?
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-10-2006, 11:04 AM Reply   
i think the wetsounds are badass looking and if i didn't have speakers already id probably get a set
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-10-2006, 11:11 AM Reply   
The only reason I'm waiting and not for very much longer is that I really like the looks of them although pictures can be deceiving. All of the pro audio products are probably really close as far as sound quality, so it comes down to visual appeal. If they are not released soon, I'll probably go with the Addictions.

(Message edited by dudeman on May 10, 2006)
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       05-10-2006, 11:18 AM Reply   
One feature sometimes overlooked is the quick release....I don't know about you but the last thing I want are my $1k+ speakers hanging from my tower all the time. It was a decding factor for me in my switch to wetsounds. My boat is kept on a lift year round so it's a necc. now.
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-10-2006, 11:21 AM Reply   
I am still considering the Wetsounds and that is a selling point. When you're on their website and they have the audio playing, do you know if that is from a set of the tower speakers, because that sounds pretty sweet.
Old     (gelo_az_23_lsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-10-2006, 11:50 AM Reply   
jason had said the first pairs were shipped already...was this untrue? I have a pair that I am waiting for as well, but I will go with NVS if the wait is much longer
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-10-2006, 12:01 PM Reply   
to me this really makes skylon look bad. don't release a product if it's not ready.
Old    steezen            05-10-2006, 7:04 PM Reply   
I posted this earlier. Those defcons' are the same as the Fusion T-series. They tapped into Fusions tooling in China. If you like them just get the Fusions.
Old    steezen            05-10-2006, 7:05 PM Reply   
I meant to say rubicons
Old     (boarder_x)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-10-2006, 7:18 PM Reply   
Randy, don't take this the wrong way, but that could be the dumbest thing I have ever heard. You hear the music coming through the speakers of your computer. ......
Old     (cartronics)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-10-2006, 7:33 PM Reply   
Ultimate Watersports in Rohnert Park, Ca(northern cali) has them in stock now if anybody needs them
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-11-2006, 1:13 AM Reply   
They're finally being shipped out... our shop got ours early this week!
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-11-2006, 2:59 AM Reply   
Hey Robb, I didn't take it personally. Good thing you pointed that out, I had no idea I was listening to my computer. Guess that's why you're almost the computer engineer.
Old     (boarder_x)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-11-2006, 7:24 AM Reply   
Randy,

Cool. Now that I have a job, I think I'm getting a 485. have (2)6X9's, but they need some help.

With that said, I am still looking for a new AMP. Anyone have an idea?

Robb
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       05-11-2006, 7:29 AM Reply   
Robb, what are your power requirements? Do you have a price range?
Old     (iagainsti)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-11-2006, 10:31 AM Reply   
Steven- Im confused by your comment refering to Fusion and Rubicons being the same ? The Rubi 350's & 450's are HLCD systems which Fusion does not offer and no where does Skylon mention the use of Diamond Audio components in there setup. Just curious where your getting your info.
Old     (boarder_x)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-11-2006, 11:15 AM Reply   
Adam, for power I will need to run the NVS 808 or Wetsounds 485, and two 6X9's. Price... under $1500. I realize you get what you pay for. I am willing to pay more, to get a good AMP. I just need at least two channels. ... I'm thinking with two channels, I can run the 6X9's off one, and the 485/ 808 off the other. If that's the case though, it will need to push at least 300W RMS to each channel.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       05-11-2006, 11:41 AM Reply   
Robb, I'm leanign towards purchasing the arc audio 2500xxk (something like that) I'm also lookign at a couple of the zapco amps. You should be able to find these under $500 or close to it. I'll be running (4) pro 80's so 2 channel seeing a 2ohm load. I've researched running highs @ 2ohm and heard some arguments why it's not a good idea (SQ suffers), but don't think it will be noticeable. Both Zapco and Arc audio haev a good reputation, and btoh offer a regulated power supply along with claim of better effeciency...all this translates into less strain on your electrical system. Where a cheaper, less effiecent amp will pull more power (amps) from your electrical system and still produce the same output as one of the above mentioned amps pulling less power, whiel providing a "cleaner" output.
Old     (boarder_x)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-11-2006, 11:48 AM Reply   
Thanks Adam.

That will free up my Alpine for the boat speakers. ... More power!!!!!