Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old    sandvign            03-11-2010, 5:54 PM Reply   
Haven't really heard anything else associated with the project. How are things going? Where's the project at status wise. What are the prices of season passes gonna run and when will the be able to be purchased? I'm so stoked, as I'm sure many others are as well, for this thing to open up hopefully this time next year. Thanks for any updates.
Old     (jrich)      Join Date: Oct 2009       03-11-2010, 6:07 PM Reply   
dont know about prices for season passes but for $10,000 you can be a VIP member

guess that means you can cut people in line and it will be legit?

Last edited by jrich; 03-11-2010 at 6:09 PM.
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-11-2010, 6:10 PM Reply   
Isn't that park in Santee? I went through high school in El Cajon and remember Santee being even more East from there. Or is more towards grossmont? I guess the area grew up because back in 1980 it was sticks and bricks.
So It's all urban out East now? Figures....gotta go somewhere I guess.
Old     (t0nyv831)      Join Date: Jun 2008       03-11-2010, 6:42 PM Reply   
According to their site, it should be open Spring 2011.

http://www.sandiegocableboardpark.com/index.html

Tony
Old    sandvign            03-11-2010, 7:31 PM Reply   
Yeah its in Santee on the first lake in the chain of lakes there. I know its supposed to open next spring but the park was passed several months ago and with a restaurant and pro shop to build I'm sure there is progress going on or about to start at the site if it wants to open next spring. I just hadn't heard anything since the approval went through and their website doesn't have much info as of yet. Curious as to whats going down with it so far.
Old     (sixeye)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-12-2010, 5:30 PM Reply   
What are the going rates for cable parks around the country? I see TSR at $25-36, and $29 for four hours.

The new San Diego park is advertising $40 for four hours. That's going to be a little too rich for most of the riders around here. I would suspect that business will be slow at that rate. It's a pretty tight community here and we all ride with each other. I don't know any boat owners letting riders kick in $40 for all day outings.

Just sayin'....
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-15-2010, 6:31 AM Reply   
buy a year long pass.

Just sayin....
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-22-2010, 6:34 PM Reply   
you don't raise equity you raise capital. you gain equity.
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-07-2010, 10:23 AM Reply   
Hmmm... I had an appointment in Santee this morning and decided to run by the cable park lake just to take a look. Wasn't necessarily expecting dirt to be moving yet but it should be moving soon for a Spring 2011 opening. While pulling up to the park gate I spoke with the employee there who said that "they've missed construction start deadlines" and other contracted dates. "Who knows if it will ever be built." Combine this with the fact that the developer has been seeking equity capital all year confirms my suspicions that a cable park in Santee is still tentative, not definite.

Sure wish it was definite, though.
Old     (JohnM)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-07-2010, 10:48 AM Reply   
Sounds like the consulted Jerry Jones to establish their pricing packages.
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       10-07-2010, 11:51 AM Reply   
last time I asked, the developer was working on finishing up other projects first before they started this one
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-07-2010, 12:16 PM Reply   
I have a strange feeling that this will not be opening in 2011 at all.
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-07-2010, 2:01 PM Reply   
Faced with tremendous uncertainty, the developer is probably sitting on his hands!:
http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=784004