Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 30, 2005

Old    michaelvinczii            09-30-2005, 3:15 PM Reply   
So I was at OWC today and landed my first ts 720 off the camo kicker. It was on my "last lap" cause my time was expired by about 15 minutes, so it was a perfect ending to a good day of riding. I was toatally stoked. I've been working on sevens for over a year now and finally got one. How long did it take you to land your first one... later
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-30-2005, 3:21 PM Reply   
congrats - im still working on getting my 3s (behind a boat), consistent! btw, how do you determine that it's a ts 7 off a kicker?
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       09-30-2005, 3:28 PM Reply   
Nice, HUGE accomplishment!

How long did it take for me to land my 1st 7??? Hahahaha, you act like everybody is doing them . I still haven't landed a 3... I'll let you know when I hit a 7, but don't look for anything before 2008.

-Blake
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-30-2005, 3:37 PM Reply   
How much easier is it off a kicker versus off the wake? What spins do you do behind the boat?
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       09-30-2005, 4:00 PM Reply   
Congrats Mike!
Old    wakelurker            09-30-2005, 4:28 PM Reply   
Congratulations!!!!! I don't really know you, but i am hella proud of you!!! what is a camokicker?
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       09-30-2005, 5:29 PM Reply   
tori - its at the cable park in orlando i think i told you about. a kicker is like a ramp that you jump off of. the camo part is just that....the side of it is camoflauge.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-30-2005, 6:25 PM Reply   
big heavy, its not easy off the kicker.

www.wakecoupons.com
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-30-2005, 6:28 PM Reply   
chris, you hit a kicker by cutting hard it at just like you do at a wake. Hence, toeside 7.

www.wakecoupons.com
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       09-30-2005, 9:55 PM Reply   
Good job Michael V. from Indy!!!! Now you need to learn how to do it when on fire!!

(Message edited by socalwakepunk on September 30, 2005)
Old    michaelvinczii            10-01-2005, 8:01 AM Reply   
Thanks Mike Murphy and Steven Hahn, Hahn what you been up to? Were you in FL for The Pan Am stop? Big Heavy, spinning the rotation off a ramp isnt much different than off a wake, at least I dont think. Maybe a little more challenging considering the pull from a cable is different. Behind a boat I do hs/ts FS 540's and hs/ts blind 360's/180's. All on and off axis. So finally hitting that one 7 made my entire trip to FL. Thanks everyone else for your comments and congrats. }
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-01-2005, 8:11 AM Reply   
TS or HS is determined by which side the couse the kicker is on, and if you are on your HS or TS edge going in. I'd like to add to Mike's kicker advice by saying that you do take a hard cut at it, but you need to be off of your edge, and even on your feet at the bottom of the ramp, otherwise you'll wind up sliding up the kicker on your butt.

(Message edited by socalwakepunk on October 01, 2005)
Old    michaelvinczii            10-01-2005, 8:14 AM Reply   
And on fire 720's are out of the question for awhile.... at least until I get them dialed in. HAHA noway I only SKI on FIRE not board. But would be a crazy stunt.
Old     (phil06140)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-01-2005, 8:30 AM Reply   
i just landed my first 7 yesterday ts fs off the wake! how long did it take? last season i had i ts 3, then this summer i got the 5. i had them dialed in for a while but did not try a 7 till about 3 weeks ago... it took about 15 attempts over the 3 weeks but lots of time on the tramp. my friend drove a dumper to help land with more slack in the rope, i guess i landed blind but with handle pass as soon as i hit the water, it all hapens soo fast. lol
congrats michael!
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       10-01-2005, 8:46 AM Reply   
Congrats to both Michael and Baron. Thats a big step forward in youre progression. Keep on throwin down.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-01-2005, 9:30 AM Reply   
When I tried the cable park in Europe,I thought it was alot easier then behind the boat.That's just me tho.
Old    michaelvinczii            10-01-2005, 9:58 AM Reply   
the same goes to you Baran. I havent got one off the wake yet. I stick the trick every time and pop the handle. So hopefully this will lead to one off the wake soon.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-01-2005, 2:51 PM Reply   
Good job Michael. I've landed some 5's off the camo, but they are far from consistant.

Big Heavy, all kickers/ramps aren't alike. The camo is a flat ramp at a smooth easy angle. Throwing the spin after you leave the ramp is the correct way, but you can also start spinning on the ramp, which makes the trick easier. I usually fudge on where I start my spin.:-)

OTOH, the cheese wedge (at OWC) is short and has been jacked up a lot lately. I would say the cheese wedge is more like a wake behind the boat in difficulty, but slightly harder (in my estimation). Also it can be brutal on your heels and ankles if it's really steep. When you hit it, you get a hard pop and a lot of tension on the line.

The camo IMO is easier than a boat because there doesn't need to be as much tension on the rope. The ramp itself is tall so you have a lot of time in the air. However, hiting the camo hauling butt is more difficult and can be impressive to watch.
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-01-2005, 4:06 PM Reply   
mike - im sure you do cut hard! however, that doesn't really answer my question does it? i was assuming you hit a kicker essentially straight and somewhat flat (like porkchop said), so how is it ts or hs?

seems like it could basically be either - unless you cut in at it on an angle and cross it at the same angle, then depending if you're regular or goofy it would be ts or hs, right?

edit: whoops! just saw that jeff basically answered my question.

(Message edited by deepstructure on October 01, 2005)
Old    michaelvinczii            10-01-2005, 4:28 PM Reply   
The camo kicker is a good 25 ft from the cable, so you have to wait to cut at it to keep the line tension upso you go off the top of the ramp. I always wait until off the kicker to throw the spin. Im a regualr rider so im taking a ts approach to the kicker making it a ts 720. it is a flat ramp at an angle so you must level out at the bottom surface or your basically screwed. It wasnt a real hard cut but enough to take me farther out to the right of the ramp after landing. It was a blind landing with a late handle pass too btw. Your second comment "seems like it could basically be either - unless you cut in at it on an angle and cross it at the same angle, then depending if you're regular or goofy it would be ts or hs, right? " basically summed it all up. Later