Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 06, 2009

Old     (oaboards)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-25-2009, 3:19 PM Reply   
So i was at this party and i saw that this guy had a flight 69 board shoved in the corner. I asked him if he rode and he said no. So i asked about the board and he said he found it on the side of the road. I was thinking about buying if from him. How much do you think this board is worth now? Its black and silver.
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-25-2009, 3:20 PM Reply   
Case of beer
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       04-25-2009, 4:10 PM Reply   
I was at a garage sale today and they had some bindings that looked like old Concrete bindings, but the rubber had the Mutiny logo on it. I almost bought them just for the novelty, but figured they'd just collect dust and I've got enough things doing that right now!
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-25-2009, 5:11 PM Reply   
Offer him $50. Essentially the board is worthless but at the same time, it is priceless. I would love to have that board, and if he doesn't know the history behind it, $50 will probably make him fall over. When I think the flight 69, i think of Byerly's How to Ride a Wakeboard courtesy of Mr. David Williams himself. I must have watched that video 1000 times no exaggeration.

I hope Electricsnow chimes in with a picture of the flight 69 she recently picked up. She got a limited edition blue and black one. So freaking awesome!! CALLING E-SNOW CALLING E-SNOW
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       04-27-2009, 8:33 PM Reply   
ha, I totally don't visit this site as much anymore because I just don't like spending time on the internet. (but this is still a good place!)

Anyway, my flight arrived today and I will post a picture in a few hours.

David, I wish you would have bought those bindings because I would have taken them!!
Old     (amark)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-28-2009, 10:15 AM Reply   
Hey yo electricsnow are you a chef? -end hijack
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       04-28-2009, 1:43 PM Reply   
I am not a chef! I used to be into that sort of thing, so naturally I was really into jamie oliver, who at the time had a show called "the naked chef."

Fleet of flights...
Upload
Upload
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-28-2009, 2:48 PM Reply   
Check out those phazers... delicious
Old     (michaelb)      Join Date: Feb 2009       04-28-2009, 3:49 PM Reply   
I know I gonna get hated on but,whats so great about these boards?I mean what's the history or story there?
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       04-28-2009, 4:16 PM Reply   
Wake tech had one of the best teams of all time (from one point or another) with people like byerly, gator, smith, harris, necrason, roberts, etc etc.

The flight is marketed as the first true twin on the market (complete with nose and tail fins). I guess the rocker isn't actually centered, so it's not a true twin. Anyway, riders like scott and gator made this board famous, taking their maneuvers all to fakie and what not or just rocking switch. Michael, you should get retrospect and then I think you will have a better understanding for the significance of this particular wakeboard (and retrospect is a really good flick as well).
Old     (michaelb)      Join Date: Feb 2009       04-28-2009, 4:23 PM Reply   
K,thanks for the info chef, that's pretty cool to know.
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       04-28-2009, 9:54 PM Reply   
That was the first board I ever rode. Got up first try borrowing my friends and wrecked going w2w my first set ripping out one of his inserts and bending the binding plate. Did I ever feel like crap! He salvaged the board and I'm pretty sure he still has it!
Old     (tvreeland)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-29-2009, 5:54 AM Reply   
My first board was what I believe to be the first year Liquid Force and it was the same exact shape. It had the phazers and the same tips. Does anyone know the story behind why they are the same shape?
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-29-2009, 7:13 AM Reply   
because Tony Finn left Wake Tech and started Liquid Force.

Wasn't the Hyperlite BAFF the first true twin tip?

or what about the Neptune Six?
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-29-2009, 7:48 AM Reply   
I remember that summer really well. I bought the Neptune 6, my friend bought the 69, and our other buddy got the yellow Liquid force. The LF was not quite as wide as the 69 and it had a narrower nose and tail. For us, it was the summer of the W2W 180 and roll to revert.