Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2006

Old     (wakechic06)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-19-2006, 11:17 AM Reply   
fell absolutely in love! I went into Sundown and tried them on, dry, with my sock on and they were sooo comferatable! I wish I wasn't a poor goin into college student. Those of you with them are lucky. how do they ride though?

Jamie
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       07-19-2006, 11:38 AM Reply   
They are cumfy untill this happens.
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/339041.html?1151249296
Old     (actiondcpd)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-19-2006, 11:44 AM Reply   
I love mine. I haven't rode them that much but man they are sweet.
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-19-2006, 11:55 AM Reply   
yeah they are great until you break your ankle
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-19-2006, 12:15 PM Reply   
I tried them. Yes easy to get on and super comfy in the shop. On the water the heel lift was a ton. Lycra heels are great for putting boots on, but suck while riding. They had more heel lift than my Transits.
I really want to try the new Zeus and Faction as they claim there is none.
Old     (drewdown)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-19-2006, 12:21 PM Reply   
I dont have any heel lift with mine.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-19-2006, 12:46 PM Reply   
mine are great
love them
no heel lift
Old     (jason_ssr)      Join Date: Apr 2001       07-19-2006, 12:48 PM Reply   
I ride the Escalades with no heel lift.
Old     (jpk)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-19-2006, 1:02 PM Reply   
They have solid heel hold at first, but the heels loosen over time.
Old    mike_l            07-19-2006, 1:25 PM Reply   
I have a pair for sale, size 12 if anyone is interested. I love them, but i tore my acl and i'm out for the summer. $300+ shipping
Old     (sdub)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-19-2006, 2:59 PM Reply   
How does that foot bed feel while riding??...the ridges felt kinda funky when i tried them on in the shop.
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-19-2006, 3:17 PM Reply   
<beginrant>

My shanes are friggin awesome!!!!!!! As far as peoples bindings messing up.....it happens with every company!!!! They were experiencing some problems with the new watsons and shanes. Do you think Jeff Baker didn't ride 05 Zeus bindings even though there were problems with them ripping? Most likely he did ride them from my guess since he deals CWB stuff. Do you think he would make a post like that to someone who was stoked about some 05 zeus bindings? I highly doubt it...in fact i bet he would tell you how great they are just like any business man would. Don't let a post like that keep you from buying what you want. If you ever get the chance to get some watsons or shanes i highly reccomend them.

Jeff, no harm meant...and I will say that the zeus bindings are nice...especially the 06....so i am not talking smack about your product....I like CWB stuff....and i think your a pretty cool cat yourself...I'm just not so hot about taking away someone's stoke for a product by making a negative point when your selling another product...seems kinda dirty.

<endrant>

-N8

(Message edited by iamnathanhudson on July 19, 2006)
Old     (jpk)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-19-2006, 3:45 PM Reply   
Sdub -

The footbed is "grippy". It feels fine most of the time. Sometimes is feels a bit too tacky and gets a bit uncomfortable. It's all in how your foot lands into the footbaed and how you tightened the laces, I think.

Also, it's really easy to overtighten these boots. You can put your foot to sleep and not even know it because they feel so soft.
Old     (socalf150rider)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-19-2006, 4:02 PM Reply   
i like the feel of them but soul in coming unglued from the bed... not sure if Lf is going to them back or not...
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-19-2006, 4:27 PM Reply   
Of course they'll back them. It's a manufacturer defect.
If they don't, they suck.
Old     (nickdakoolkat)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-19-2006, 8:00 PM Reply   
when i had mine, the bottom of my foot sometimes would "wrinkle up"....I don't know why but it got really annoying.
Old     (drewdown)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-20-2006, 6:36 AM Reply   
Nick, I experience the same thing after riding for long sets. Weird feeling, but by that time I am tired and done with it.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       07-20-2006, 8:41 AM Reply   
Nathan wasent tryin to be DIRTY and yes the 05 CWB zeus had some warrenty issues with the overlays, but they were fixable and you could take them into the shop and have new overlays put on in 15mins and be back out riding. If you look a the Watons, when they rip off the footbed like that they are not fixable, you have to get new bindings and the shops dident have stock to give you new bindings, talkin about takin away your stoke, that will do it everytime. Nathan I think LF has some of the best product on the market and I like there product.
Old     (rootc)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-21-2006, 9:38 AM Reply   
I tested the watsons before I bought 06' Zueses. The watson were great just not as great as the Zueses. I prefer the softer foam footbed. The Watson footbed was somewhat of a distraction to me. The real deciding factor wasn't a problem with the Watsons but the Hinge tech on the Zueses is simply amazing. Definately the best binding idea ever.

Why would you try a binding on with your sock on? Do you wakeboard with socks on?
Old     (wakechic06)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-21-2006, 10:27 PM Reply   
cause the guy in the store told me to so i could see how easy they are to get on and off i guess..is that ok??
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-24-2006, 7:08 AM Reply   
yeah but they shouldn't have any problem with you trying them on barefoot.....weird...they are just as easy to get on and off barefoot though.