Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2006

Old     (elduche)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-23-2006, 7:24 PM Reply   
Hey everyone, last night by board was stolen from out of my boat. The boat was on its hoist at our place at Wabamun Lake.

It was a 2005 O'Brien Player 143, with yellow and grey liquid force Exo Suc bindings. The board has a small ding on the toeside edge (goofy foot rider) repaired with black epoxy and another small repair with clear epoxy on the nose.

I know its a long shot, but I just thought I would put the word out so people can keep their eyes open. Thanks.
Old     (ashly)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-23-2006, 9:23 PM Reply   
good luck, but I doubt you'll ever see it again. Why would you leave your board in the boat?
Old     (wakeshredder16)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-23-2006, 9:47 PM Reply   
at alot of places me and my fam leave or boards in the boat when we camp. u just dnt expect them to get stolen at some areas but it all depends where u are. but im really srry to here ur board got stolen hope u find it
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-24-2006, 6:18 AM Reply   
start checking ebay, a lot of that stuff ends up there...
Old     (roswell_wakeair)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-24-2006, 7:01 AM Reply   
Terrible Luck Duncan- I'll be on the lookout around here...

Marc
Old     (elduche)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-24-2006, 8:09 PM Reply   
Thanks Marc, our place at the lake was always somewhere I didnt have to lock stuff up every night. its such a small community out there and everyone knows one another. It kind of sucks to think that some of that is gone. I guess we need to start locking everything up at night!
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-24-2006, 9:35 PM Reply   
I'm sorry to hear that too, Duncan.

I hope it's not another wakeboarder. You just wouldn't think fellow wakeboarders would do that to each other.

Do you have a paypal account to your email? I know you're not on here asking or begging for money or a new board but I've got an extra $10 I'd like to contribute to your setup.

(Message edited by joshugan on July 24, 2006)
Old     (elduche)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-24-2006, 10:09 PM Reply   
Wow, thats an extremely generous offer Josh. I too hope its not another wakeboarder, or at least not someone involved in the sport to any significant degree. I just don't see how it can be.

Its not really about the cost of a new board, they come and go, its more the invasion of a certain type of people into what I always thought was a fairly "old school" community.

I do sincerely appreciate your offer. It shows an incredible depth of generosity, but I would feel badly taking your money. I see from your profile that you are a student, which to me, makes the offer even that much more remarkable. I put my time in at school, and paid the cost of my education, but I am not in school anymore and I do okay. Put that 10$ away and buy yourself a beer or something! You can bank that with your new karma earned.....thank you again for the offer.
Old     (twitch)      Join Date: Dec 2004       07-25-2006, 11:29 AM Reply   
Dang Duncan that sucks.... Ill keep my eye out around here and put the word out to friends to watch for it. I know how you feel with the "old school" safe community at the lake... we had the same feelings untill some neighbours had some problems... since then nothing stays unlocked.

look at the positive side though... now you have a reason get that new setup youve been eyeing

if your not too buzy over the next week or two we should grab a beer (Im heading to Canmore for the weekend) but im free most of next week

(Message edited by twitch on July 25, 2006)
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-25-2006, 11:39 AM Reply   
be optimistic. My board flew out of our boat on the way to the lake last christmas. I mentioned that I lost my board on texaswakeboarders.com and sure enough one of them found it and returned it to me.

If you don't get your board back this is the perfect oppurtunity to get the 06 obrien natural. that's what I have my eye on...
Old     (elduche)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-26-2006, 10:04 AM Reply   
Hey Blair, that sounds good. Maybe we can go out for an evening session next week if its nice, otherwise, we can grab a beer or something. Have a good time in Canmore.
Old     (twitch)      Join Date: Dec 2004       07-27-2006, 10:35 PM Reply   
duncan i left my board out at the lake, wedensday would work best for me to go out for a beer, gimme a shout if it works for you
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       07-27-2006, 10:39 PM Reply   
Sorry to hear about that Duncan, it's something we take for granted here in Alberta. Especially if it's not a long weekend.
Old     (twitch)      Join Date: Dec 2004       07-27-2006, 11:06 PM Reply   
oh and jeff when you get back in the city let me know... we still have to go for a drink too... been saying well do that for too long
Old    buckettim            07-27-2006, 11:06 PM Reply   
I have a 2005 Player 143 that i will never use again i got a 141 premier I'll will let you have it for next to nothing pretty much shipping cost and thats about it let me know and i can have is shipped Saturday or sunday....at the soonest I was going to make it a boat board but looks like you need it worse than i do....It has a small chip on it from when i drop it on a side of a boat nothing that is bad what so ever...the board has been in the water 3 times and is now sitting in my friends garage let me know send me an email...
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       07-27-2006, 11:08 PM Reply   
Blair I'm in the city, but out of town Sat-Tues/Wed
Old     (twitch)      Join Date: Dec 2004       07-27-2006, 11:10 PM Reply   
im headin down to canmore for the weekend... maybe we'll have to wait untill after the long weekend
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       07-27-2006, 11:24 PM Reply   
we'll figure it out, maybe we can grab some appe's after work/school quick? Give me a call via the cell and let me know tomorrow.
Old     (twitch)      Join Date: Dec 2004       07-27-2006, 11:30 PM Reply   
headin to canmore for the weekend tomorrow... be back sunday, wed is my only "free" night next week
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       07-27-2006, 11:35 PM Reply   
Wed might work, depends when I get back from Red Earth