Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 05, 2004

Old     (dbo)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-23-2004, 5:12 PM Reply   
what is the best wakeboard you have ever ridden and why?
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-23-2004, 7:00 PM Reply   
substance, cuz it's easy to ride and it pops huge.
Old    evo900            03-23-2004, 10:22 PM Reply   
Gonzelez.. looks awesome.. biggest pop eva..
Old    jetpilotrider03            03-23-2004, 11:11 PM Reply   
"looks awsome"..what does looks have to do with how a wakeboard rides????
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-24-2004, 3:05 AM Reply   
look good. feel good. ride good.
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       03-24-2004, 8:38 AM Reply   
the premier/new era
Old    xtremrider            03-24-2004, 8:47 AM Reply   
well for my stile of riding i like the GB Gonzalez but i havnt tried every board out there. but it is very stable gains tons of speend and has huge pop that is controlable.

Boards i have rode:
1. Belmont 135?
2. Byerly 137
3. Trip
4. premier
5. Blind side
Old     (ddoubleu)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-24-2004, 9:03 AM Reply   
i definetly agree with the substance but only in flat water. how does the era ride it doesnt look too impressive.
whats up derek when we goen out again?
Old     (dbo)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-24-2004, 9:05 AM Reply   
check your e-mail man
Old     (ddoubleu)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-24-2004, 9:08 AM Reply   
im at school so i cant but ill check it at like 11
Old    dinker            03-24-2004, 10:50 AM Reply   
the new Temet its awesome does everything
Old     (ddoubleu)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-24-2004, 10:52 AM Reply   
how do u like the reversed fins ?
Old    dinker            03-24-2004, 11:25 AM Reply   
i love it for real it makes it alot easier ridding switch ive heard people say they arent sure aboout it but man it works i think its the best board ive ridden yet
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-24-2004, 11:53 AM Reply   
Man that thing would mess with my mind. It just wouldn't seem right to me.
Old    dinker            03-24-2004, 12:05 PM Reply   
its actually super nice man its not what you think you should demo one just to check it out for fun
Old    evo900            03-24-2004, 12:23 PM Reply   
nick.. it said "best wakeboard", not "wake board that rides the best" that is, looks, pop, landing, speed, everything.. you've gotta have a wake board you like the look of.. I wouldn't buy a crap looking board, even if it was the best board eva..
Old    maverick_gear            03-24-2004, 12:33 PM Reply   
Trip
Ricky G
Randy Harris(thruster Obrien or GB)
04-Premier
Old     (ridn9high)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-24-2004, 2:00 PM Reply   
Jeff, Actually "wakeboard that rides the best" and "best wakeboard" is the same freakin thing. I guarantee if most boarders had to choose ride(pop, speed, control) or looks they wood go with RIDE.
If you ask hyperlite, liguid force, GB, obrien and any other board company out there, they will say there #1 focus is the way the board rides and then it is the graphics and art on the outside.

So you are telling me you would rather go with a awesome looking board with no pop or control over a plan white board that has everything?
Old    evo900            03-24-2004, 2:22 PM Reply   
DUDE.. YOU DON'T HAVE TO COMPROMISE PERFOMANCE FOR LOOKS.. THERE ARE SO MANY GOOD BOARDS OUT THERE.. WHY WOULDN'T YOU HAVE ONE THAT YOU LOVE THE LOOK OF..
Old     (ridn9high)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-24-2004, 2:37 PM Reply   
Never said you had to. People usually asked me "which board has the most pop?", "which board has a lot of control?", What is a good board for me?" NOT what board has the best graphics.

Who cares if it ain't got the looks. When I ride those 5 new boards each year, I think t myself, how is the edge, how is the pop, do I have control and do I feel comfortable. But not "how does it look"
Old    centraltxrider            03-24-2004, 3:18 PM Reply   
there are some people out there that aren't so serious about wakeboarding and just do it cause its fun and don't feel the need to improve or have the perfect edge, pop, or anything else, so what's the problem w/ wanting a setup that looks kickass
Old    evo900            03-24-2004, 4:03 PM Reply   
mike.. so you have a belmont, parks and a premier.. is there anything you can land on one board and not the others.. I'd say not.. and surely you like the look of one of you boards more than the other..
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-24-2004, 4:09 PM Reply   
"I wouldn't buy a crap looking board, even if it was the best board eva"

Ha ha. I guess we have different priorities. My last three boards are the three best I've even ridden and they are all hideous. My current board is not quite as bad though.

Oh yeah, I like my absolute cause it has a predictable pop, it's fairly loose, and it lands soft.
Old    wakeboard4life            03-24-2004, 4:21 PM Reply   
since i cant demo wakeboards, it has to be pretty, and have molded fins. If i end up liking the board then thats just an added bonus. I figure as much time as i spend sitting in the water from falling at least ill look good doing it .
Old     (bradzass)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-24-2004, 4:51 PM Reply   
you can make any board look good if its so important, you can hardly tell what graphics are on my board there are so many stickers on it..
Old    wegotbikes            03-24-2004, 8:24 PM Reply   
Ok, if you have an ugly board, send it to me and I can paint anything on it that you want. All I do is airbrush, so get that crappy looking, killer riding board to me, and then you can have both the best ride and one of a kind killer look as well.
Old     (ridn9high)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-25-2004, 7:26 AM Reply   
Jeff-
I like my premier looks the best but ride the parks. I like the way the parks feels.

-We obviously have diiferent opions and can argue until the fat b**** sings.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-25-2004, 8:14 AM Reply   
I have riddden lots of boards with features I liked. until I got my Absolute which really combines all the good qualities and has no bad qualities, I'd just like a little more hook in the rail.

Blindside Assassin 134, I liked it for it's speed.

Origin Weddington 138, I liked it for it's big pop and hooked rails.

Hyperlite Belmont(motive) 134, it was very smooth.

Liquid Force Trip 132, I didn't really like it at all.

Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-25-2004, 8:17 AM Reply   
When I saw this question, I couldn't think of an answer, I guess I haven't found the board for me yet. But after some thought, I think I have come down to like the GB Caddy the most so far (I should of bought it when I had the chance).
I like my current board much more now I ride it finless, but still isn't the best and I think I should of gone for the new prodigy. But would have to disagree with Blabel, I think the graphics are dreadful on the abs-plat.
Old     (psych3060)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-25-2004, 8:46 AM Reply   
Kristian, I think what he means is compared to the previous Absolute and the three CWB Zane boards he had prior to the 03 Absolute, it is tolerable.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-25-2004, 8:51 AM Reply   
Oh, Ok, yes those were some nasty graphics on the older models.