Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 27, 2006

Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-12-2006, 6:13 PM Reply   
you better not be giving my dso shades away!
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-12-2006, 6:13 PM Reply   
Those Lyman bindings have my name written all over them!
Old     (liveoz)      Join Date: May 2002       09-12-2006, 6:17 PM Reply   
we'll see about that Cliff. Ask Mike he'll back up me up that this one
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-13-2006, 6:41 AM Reply   
sorry guys, I'll be taking 1st 2nd and 3rd.
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-13-2006, 8:55 AM Reply   
To those of you bringing boats and especially those with the biggest wake, do you prefer micro brews or your run of the mill domestic beer??

Your friendly neighbor hood boat whore,
jjakober
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       09-13-2006, 5:33 PM Reply   
That's it? Where's Reese?
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-13-2006, 6:31 PM Reply   
His profile was lost, and he's been too busy to re-register this week.
Old     (garyw)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-13-2006, 7:35 PM Reply   
J. Pacifico and lime would be fine
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-13-2006, 7:38 PM Reply   
the lime's for the girls, right gary?
Old     (jeffr)      Join Date: May 2002       09-13-2006, 9:24 PM Reply   
I'm still here.... been a bit busy with work. & my password is fixed.

We are loading up gear now and looking to roll out after work.

Say NO to the rain....
See everyone this weekend.
Drive Safe.
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-14-2006, 6:07 AM Reply   
nice, save some butter for the rest of us!
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-14-2006, 8:18 AM Reply   
JJ cold and free is the best.

Mike you're getting sloppy seconds and will like it. That said, sloppy seconds isn't all that bad.

Boat is ready. Just gotta wait for everyone to get home from work and school and we're gone. The X-Box and Shaun Murray Wakeboarder are included in the gear.

no rain, no rain, no rain, no rain............
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-15-2006, 7:07 AM Reply   
I am heading out from Spokane at 10:30 today, see you all there!!!

Drive safe.

rain rain go away come again some other day!!

Jason
Old     (garyw)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-15-2006, 8:09 AM Reply   
packed and ready on the road at about 0900
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       09-15-2006, 3:05 PM Reply   
I've always wanted to post this......

Upload
Old    watamuwake            09-15-2006, 3:56 PM Reply   
Hey,.. This is James, the kid from Pateros that used to ride with you guys. Wish i still lived up there to ride with you.. sounds like fun! Im living down in Fort WOrth, Texas now workin with a board shop and doin some wakeboard instruction. Were actually hosting the WWA Championship this next weekend so maybe I'll see Hahn there..takin a few pics.. Anyways.. have fun on the river and tear it up for me....
Upload
Upload

A few pics of me back on the river...
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-17-2006, 7:43 PM Reply   
It took quite a while and an extra pair of shorts for me to get home.
Upload

Glad we had conditions like this the previous 3 days.
Upload
Upload
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       09-18-2006, 8:09 AM Reply   
More Pic's More Pic's More Pic's More Pic's More Pic's More Pic's More Pic's More Pic's More Pic's More Pic's More Pic's More Pic's More Pic's More Pic's More Pic's More Pic's More Pic's More Pic's More Pic's More Pic's More Pic's More Pic's More Pic's More Pic's More Pic's More Pic's More Pic's More Pic's More Pic's More Pic's More Pic's More Pic's More Pic's
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-18-2006, 8:27 AM Reply   
I have to do my 'real' job today, but tonight on the airplane hopefully I will finish editing the riding pics and post some tomorrow.
Taking a break
Upload
Upload
11 year old, Colton Smith.
Upload
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-18-2006, 8:58 AM Reply   
So who had the loudest stereo? That's the real question, was Lawrence's BU and ode to Freedom Rock the loudest on the river? Was Cliff cranking ruckus renditions of Raw Hide? Was Travis keeping it real with a smoooooth mix of todays top 40, Rock, a little RnB and some Hip Hop? I need to know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-18-2006, 10:50 AM Reply   
Well the candidates for loudest stero would be Troy's, Gary's, Jeff's, or Cliff's. Gramps and Travis weren't there and they were missed.

I just want to say a huge THANK YOU to Gary and Carol. Their son didn't come this year and Gary is coming off knee surgery and really couldn't ride much, but they still hauled the boat over and were extremely welcoming to anyone who wanted a pull behind their boat. And Carol gave some great tips to females about different balancing between men and women on a wakeboard. Thank you.

Upload

And who could forget the cases of Pacifico and lime around the pool...
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-18-2006, 11:19 AM Reply   
All of my footage is on video. I'm going to start sorting through it tonight.

Wait until you guys see Texas Dave's crashes behind the Super Air. They were absolutely brutal! Too bad I didn't catch Jeff's switch 180 to concussion, or Hillard's toeside to flayed out air kitty, both of them were top notch.

Hahn,

The new blood really pushed the limits riding wise this year. Jakober, Texas Dave, and Darren were killing it. I've got great footage of all three of them.
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-18-2006, 12:19 PM Reply   
I would like to start out with, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, to all of the great people I hung out with this weekend, and a special THANK YOU & HELL YEAH to Darren, Cliff, Gary, Dave, and Troy for taking this EastSide boat whore out on there boats for a great time!!

All of the NWWF people made me feel like I had been riding and hanging out with them my whole life and I felt like I was part of the WestSide crew.

When I got there Friday at around 3:00pm the weather looked like crap and the water looked even worse!! I thought for sure I was going to get banned from ever coming over again because when I came over 2 years ago the whole weekend was pretty much a bust and that was the only time that has happened. It didn't help that they had lowered the water making it impossible to launch your boat close by. When it started raining we headed over for some grub and as the evening went on the conditions kept getting better and better and the water level kept going up. I saw a boat pulling into the dock and being the boat whore that I am I went down to see if they needed any help, it was Darren and Lewis and they offered me a pull so we filled the sacs up again and threw in Cliff, Dave, and Jeff. After that set I knew this was going to be a great weekend.

I need to get back to work, I'll continue my story later!!

Thank you Cliff for coming up with such a sweet get together,
jjakober

PS: In my opinion Cliff's boat had the biggest Wake, it was sick!! Troy had the loudest stereo.
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-18-2006, 12:25 PM Reply   
Upload
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-18-2006, 4:08 PM Reply   
Thanks to Troy and Cliff for the pull. As always it was a great weekend. Lots of great riding and a few stories. Beware of the old drunken touchy feely golfer at the bar. haha
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-18-2006, 4:16 PM Reply   
first pic was jay, second was bonnie, third was me, fourth was nick.here are a few more.
sarah Upload
The dock Upload
lacy Upload
troy Upload
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-18-2006, 4:21 PM Reply   
And a few crash pics
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (tshmitty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-18-2006, 4:34 PM Reply   
Damn I wish I could have gone!!!
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-18-2006, 5:10 PM Reply   
Just saw your post James.

I was asking around about you. I didn't know you were living down in Texas now. Next year we plan on doing this trip the week before Labor so we can have warmer weather.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       09-18-2006, 5:43 PM Reply   
I wanna see some video before I ship this gear! Who had the best crashes?
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-18-2006, 7:39 PM Reply   
No Video, but check out this butter!!

jjakober
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-18-2006, 9:19 PM Reply   
Well my website is full, but there is a link to all the pictures on it. These were pics from those who rode behind Gary and Carol's 06 VLX.

https://home.comcast.net/~laci.porter/
Old     (daren)      Join Date: Apr 2004       09-19-2006, 8:07 AM Reply   
Cliff - Thanks for making this event happen. It takes a lot of stoke to put this stuff together and I really appreciate it.
Dave - Thanks for all the pulls - that's my favorite wake.

I think the best "trick" of the weekend was Jakober's "backside butterslide handle-between-the-legs bird". Also, thanks for letting me ride your board - that thing rips.

I didn't see all of the crashes, but Jeff's brain thumper would be tough to beat. "I saw the red roof and thought … Pateros … that's where I am ... Awesome ... I love Pateros".

Super fun weekend - thanks again Cliff.
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-19-2006, 8:19 AM Reply   
Anytime Darren. You know what I want in trade for pulls behind my boat. Just give me a chance to get into shape. HA! My lower back is still fugged up from that one run. OMD is creeping in.
Old     (seajeff)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-19-2006, 1:06 PM Reply   
http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=20231

Quality is low in order to fit on wakepics.

Troy got his 360 and Bryan did land the tantrum, just not on film.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-19-2006, 1:46 PM Reply   
Congrats to Jeff. No longer a lurker.
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-19-2006, 7:56 PM Reply   
Cliff,

How's the video coming along??

Give me a call about the Natural.

jjakober
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-20-2006, 11:40 AM Reply   
Yeah Cliff. Joe woulda had thing edited and posted by now. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       09-20-2006, 12:12 PM Reply   
I'm just gonna sell this gear on e-bay.......
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-20-2006, 3:07 PM Reply   
Come on!

I'm doing the best I can. Some of us aren't born with the genetic ability to use camera equipment.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-20-2006, 3:12 PM Reply   
are you saying you're a dumb white boy that it's difficult for you to figure out to turn the power on, then press record? really, it's not that difficult.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-20-2006, 4:21 PM Reply   
Touche,

Had that one coming. I honestly don't know how you guys can sit at a computer and edit film for hours. I'd rather sit in a dentists chair and have my teeth pulled.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-20-2006, 4:39 PM Reply   
haha! last week, i sat at the editing bay day and night for 5 days straight. trust me, sometimes i feel the same.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       09-21-2006, 3:16 PM Reply   
Was that an Asian bashing statement Cliff?
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-21-2006, 5:45 PM Reply   
Hahn,

You must have watched that episode on "The Office" one too many times. One of my best friends is Asian.