Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 05, 2009

Old     (leeflood86)      Join Date: Dec 2008       12-02-2008, 6:45 AM Reply   
all in the title really if you have any pictures of a Ronix parks ibex 2008 that has been snapped or had drill holes through it i would be most greatful if you could email them to me at leeflood86@hotmail.com
thanks
Old     (jhilltn)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-02-2008, 6:50 AM Reply   
scammer much?
Old     (leeflood86)      Join Date: Dec 2008       12-02-2008, 6:54 AM Reply   
no not at all i just dont want to wreck my board before they ship me one so im covering my ass. my board has fogged and spider cracks all over it else they wouldnt replace it in the first place
Old     (leeflood86)      Join Date: Dec 2008       12-02-2008, 7:05 AM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

just to prove im not scamming

many thanks lee
Old     (jhilltn)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-02-2008, 7:05 AM Reply   
fogged and spidercrack, sounds cool looking! they should make you pay extra for that. just kidding man. i know it probably pisses you off because you paid full price for it with your own money or something like that but if it doesn't affect the performance of the board just ride it. ronix is almost a rider owned company (closer than most companies) and we need to ensure those rider-owned companies stay in business. if the rider-owned companies went out of business we would be left with

nevermind, i'm not getting into it. just take it to the shop you got it from and they'll give you a new one so you're not out a board for any amount of time. then they can send it back.
Old     (leeflood86)      Join Date: Dec 2008       12-02-2008, 7:09 AM Reply   
i wish i could but i live in the uk and bought my board from florida so cant just pop back to the shop, wish i could though weather so crap here i can only ride a few weeks this year, i idea of me keeping my old board was to give it to my kid seems ronix didnt want me to send it back just trash it
Old     (jhilltn)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-02-2008, 7:12 AM Reply   
just saw the pics. putting a west coast choppers sticker on it voids the warranty. good luck getting a new board for free now.

also, you should try setting your bindings up a little differently. a little wider and more ducked. try it for a couple sets.
Old     (leeflood86)      Join Date: Dec 2008       12-02-2008, 7:24 AM Reply   
cool cheers for the tip ill give it a go, why would that void the warranty by the way? and they have already seen the pictures and the new board is being shipped?
Old     (roughrivermike)      Join Date: Apr 2006       12-02-2008, 7:38 AM Reply   
Why on earth would putting stickers on a board "void" the warranty?
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       12-02-2008, 7:42 AM Reply   
Haha - I'm pretty sure he is just being facetious people! I got a kick out of it!
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-02-2008, 7:59 AM Reply   
i agree with j hill. spread your bindings to the furthest wholes out and point your toes out more. way more stable. it will feel a little strange for about 15 min and then you will ride WAY better. thats just what i found anyways
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       12-02-2008, 9:18 AM Reply   
Already commented on your other thread Lee, but don't be trying to jack Ronix. You have 2 options:

1) Break the current board and get a new one (or I think you said drill holes in it...why not do that and use it as a bench?)

2) Keep your current board

I think it is dishonest to be trying to get a picture of a board so you can scam Ronix.
Old     (kyle_m)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-02-2008, 9:45 AM Reply   
yeah lee nobody is gunna send u a picture of anything like that dont try and scam the system by ending up with 2 boards if they warantee it its because your lucky but they are going to expect u to play by the rules to so drill the wholes and make a bench or snap it.............
Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       12-02-2008, 10:03 AM Reply   
i dont think he is trying to scam, seems like he already has pictures. And plus he bought a board and it has cracks and fogging all over it.I would be a little pissed too, even though it doesnt effect the performance. But being a rider owned company like someone said above they better step up there production bc they will be out of business replacing boards before they know it. Why do you need pics though lee?? Just to compare??
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-02-2008, 10:04 AM Reply   
broken 08 Ibex, super exclusive limited model
Upload
Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-02-2008, 10:11 AM Reply   
"no not at all i just dont want to wreck my board before they ship me one so im covering my ass."

So, when you have the new board, you are going to trash the old one???
How many people would do that?
Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-02-2008, 10:12 AM Reply   
Also, if you bought the board from Performance they are gonna be reading this.
Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       12-02-2008, 10:33 AM Reply   
Just read lee's other post, see your problem, but damn dude that is dishonest. Just drill the bitch and move on with you new 09 ibex. End of story
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-02-2008, 11:33 AM Reply   
Never mind the fact that Performance will see it. There are plenty of other loyal Ronix dealers such as myself that are on the site that do not care for the dishonesty. Just do the right thing and call customer service at Ronix and they will fix the problem. I have had zero problems getting any issues resolved, but I have always been honest about the issue.

Good Luck
Old     (whyterunk)      Join Date: Nov 2008       12-02-2008, 12:53 PM Reply   
People get on here and tear apart warranty policies, how long everything takes to warranty a board, how no shop wants to help out with a warranty and this is why. Dumb a** wakeboarders trying to scam a free board! You have affected the way every other honest wakeboarder has to do business. Ronix, or any board company, would more than likely love to do every warranty on trust, but there is too many people trying to do stupid stuff like this. Who ever reads this please don't scam warranties anymore and maybe the next time I try to do a warranty it wont take so long and it wont be so difficult.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-02-2008, 1:15 PM Reply   
I doubt the guy is trying to scam Ronix. Ease upon the fella. I mean if I lived in the UK I would be a bit afraid that I'd never get the new board sent to me. So if he drills it then he is at the mercy of Ronix sending him one, I'm not against holding on to your cards until the other guy shows theirs. While I don't think it's smart or legit to come on WW and ask for someone's pictures, I really don't think he was trying to scam a free board. He's just trying to cover his ass and is unfortunately in a position where he has no option but to put faith in Ronix. I mean he has pictures of an obviously damaged board, why does Ronix need the board to be destroyed? What's next, ID with board warranty pics?
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-02-2008, 1:24 PM Reply   
I kind of like Ronix's idea. They are telling him to drill the board so he cannot get a second and still use/sell the first, correct? I can see their point, someone good with Photo could work that "spider crack magic"....I think.

Aside from that, its a tough spot for him...no real faith in the manufacturer until the product is received. Between a rock and a hard place for both parties.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       12-02-2008, 1:25 PM Reply   
He said himself in this thread at 7:09 am that he wants to give the old board to his son.

If he is still going to use it, I call it scamming a free board.
Old     (mikes)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-02-2008, 1:27 PM Reply   
"idea of me keeping my old board was to give it to my kid seems ronix didnt want me to send it back "

^^^^^^^Doesn't sound to me like his intention was to drill it after the new one comes. Maybe I'm interpretting his statement the wrong way ?
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       12-02-2008, 1:33 PM Reply   
If he doesn't drill or break the board, what is keeping someone else from taking pics and sending them in to Ronix to get a second warranty replacement?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-02-2008, 2:21 PM Reply   
My ibex did the same thing from being in a cold garage and it affected nothing...it was all cosmetic... unless there is something else wrong on his that isn't on mine

my friends is doing the same "Crack/fog" look as mine and Lee's ...

My guess since he is from the U.K. he left it in a garage, it got cold, did this and it seems like a good way to get free stuff....

Unless I'm missing something its just the top sheet getting funky, nothing wrong besides it is less pretty
Old     (n00b)      Join Date: Mar 2006       12-02-2008, 2:56 PM Reply   
Drill the damn thing!
If Ronix have offered to replace a board purely because of a cosmetic defect then that's fantastic that Ronix are willing to stand by their customers, they've asked you to put the board beyond use. They have been fair to you, I think you owe it to them to pony up and put the thing beyond use.

Besides the wakeboard community is not that big do you seriously think that no one from Ronix will see this thread or be informed about it.

You are giving riders from out side the U.S. a bad rep and seeing how the dealers in my country rip off riders (approx $1100 or a good board and bindings), I don't think UK dealers are much cheaper. We don't want to screw the guys who are willing to sell u gear cheap.

(Message edited by n00b on December 02, 2008)
Old     (perfski)      Join Date: Sep 2004       12-02-2008, 3:20 PM Reply   
Hi Lee,
As Chris stated.....and others who emailed me, I'm pretty dissapointed that you would try to take advantage of Ronix / our good will to replace your board without having to send it back to the factory.

I had arranged with Ronix to replace your board without having to have it sent back...All they asked for was some proof that the board was made un-rideable. Beyond that....not only were we going to replace it with a new 2009 model, we even honored your request to change the size of your board from a 134 to a 139. All we asked was that you covered the return shipment of the board back as it was outside the United States. And then provided a photo proving your board was made unrideable.

Think about it...
Why would Ronix replace the board for a new one if it is still rideable. They are willing to replace it for the cosmetic issues in good faith, but they want some assurance that the board they replace is not used again. Buy putting this post out there....Not only are you hurting yourself...but you are undermining the work of a company (companies) who are trying to do the right thing for you and others who may have similar issues. Rather than being able to have the ability to easily resolve issues like this, we are now going to be forced to have to get the board back, before any warranty can be done.

Also...please note...one of the people who alerted me to this post was Ronix Customer Service.

Lee, I've still got a new 139 Ibex pulled to send you, but I doubt Ronix Customer Service will allow me to send it till I can prove with 100% certainty that the board...west coast choppers stickers and all....is 100% unrideable.

Let me know...and thanks to all those who emailed us and supported us on the post. We truly are committed to try and resolve issues like this, but things like this will screw it up for everyone.

Bill Porter
Founder...Performance
Serving riders the world over since 89
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-02-2008, 3:28 PM Reply   
good for you bill. don't send new board until you have old board in your hands.

keep up the good work!
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-02-2008, 3:29 PM Reply   
Well said Bill.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-02-2008, 3:32 PM Reply   
I stand soundly corrected! There is always more to a story.

Don't try and hose the system!!
Old     (wake2wake_66)      Join Date: Nov 2008       12-02-2008, 3:44 PM Reply   
I rode my Marius all year with a huge chip out if the tip and the rail was split so bad I could stick my finger in it. Last weekend I finally took my board back to Texas Mastercraft and that was just because they asked me to, because one of my bros there told me I needed to because he has never seen a board like that do that.

Everybody's Ibex is doing that.... They still ride it and enjoy riding it....

I know ALOT of people that would do anything to have a board that nice, even with the spider web cracks and fog. What would you think if someone tried to do that to you?
Old     (eaglejackson)      Join Date: Oct 2004       12-02-2008, 3:48 PM Reply   
Wow, this is actually pretty cool to see this unfold today. Props to Ronix, Performance, and the wakeboard community for doing the right thing!

The wakeboard companies and dealers have some of the best customer service I've ever seen, standing behind their product and providing warranty service above and beyond the call.

(Message edited by eaglejackson on December 02, 2008)

(Message edited by eaglejackson on December 02, 2008)
Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-02-2008, 3:48 PM Reply   
I knew Bill was involved and I knew he would see it. All the Brits come to Orlando and they all go to Performance.

As for giving the old board to his son?? The guys 23. He must have started early. Real early.
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-02-2008, 4:08 PM Reply   
i wish i got the option to drill holes or saw in half all my broken boards. Id have a whole room full of furniture. Its unfortunate that these things happen. if you ask to keep a CLEARLY unrideable board will they let you? my very first board was a neptune and i ripped the inserts out, thus taking a big chunk out of the board, that was 10 years ago, wish i still had that board as a momento to how I got started.
Old     (nwarhol1105)      Join Date: Oct 2008       12-02-2008, 10:57 PM Reply   
There are several different ways to approach this kind of situation and posting a thread like this is like shooting yourself in the leg...kind of like Plaxico Burress did on Saturday night
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       12-02-2008, 11:41 PM Reply   
ok i gotta chime in here with my 2 cents. myself and a couple of my boyz all rock ronix and have been for a while now. i have come into a few issues that have been resolve with a simple phone call. straight up company with great service and great product. as stated above, play by the rules. you do not deserve, even being from the uk, to be able to recieve a new board until the old one has been shipped to ronix for eval. that would be a crazy thought. its really common sense. send your old broke board in get a new, possibly even a 09 new board. if you cant ride a back up board or just miss a couple days of riding for that your being selfish. ronix is a top notch company imo and there customer service has been great. it doesnt take much to steer me away with poor customer service and i must say im a ronix customer for a reason. keep up the good work ronix.

and for the record im a full retail paying customer and im ok with it!!! oh, and bring back the covinent, so much fun to ride

Upload
Old     (leeflood86)      Join Date: Dec 2008       12-03-2008, 1:36 AM Reply   
To everyone that has commented on this post.
sorry this has coarse so much outrage amongst you all, i never thought this would do that although i do now see where your all coming from, i don't believe i was trying to scam the system as i have genuinely do have a problem with the board and i seen it as a shame to destroy the board after having it replace, i wasnt intending to resell to take any sale away from any shop my intension was to spray the board and sticker it up. i do now see everyones point of view and i'm perfectly happy to return the board or drill it if thats it what performance and ronix require me to do,
performance and ronix have been absolutely brilliant in dealing with this warranty and i would recommend them to anybody although ronix defiantly have a issue with there finish Quality with the ibex range.
as i said before sorry this caused so much outrage
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-03-2008, 7:55 AM Reply   
if you have a prblem why can you send it in as is? why doyou have to "break" it more?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-03-2008, 8:11 AM Reply   
Nick I think the situation is that since it would be very expensive to mail it to the States, they instead requested that he take a picture of the board rendered unridable.
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-03-2008, 8:14 AM Reply   
Bryan, good points, the only problem is that if he sent it in he would probably be out riding for over a month. Performance and ronix are great, but shipping something like that to the UK usually takes some time. 2 weeks both ways almost certainly.

And Nick, the board was still rideable just not very pretty cause the spider cracks on the top coat. The top of my Tribute peeled back three times this summer, and after the third board I just completely peeled off the top layer and rode it as is. I then switched to Slingshot, who has the best warranty department of all time, and haven't looked back.

Kyle if you read this I need to talk to you about some binders. ripped em off the plates on an edge catch, and just haven't gotten around to calling!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-03-2008, 8:52 AM Reply   
1. its cold in the U.k right now, are people still riding there

2. if you cant deal with your board not being pretty, wow
Old     (leeflood86)      Join Date: Dec 2008       12-03-2008, 9:30 AM Reply   
1.im not worried about the wait for a new board no chance im getting in the water till march onwards anyway thats why ive said i would send it back if i had too!

2 if i wanted a board that look crap with spider web on it etc i would of bought it like that!
Old     (tcaz)      Join Date: Aug 2008       12-03-2008, 9:37 AM Reply   
Nick,

Think of it in different terms though. Say you just dropped $500 on a product you expected to live up to your expectations of a quality purchase. For instance, you bought an iphone and the back began to peel, crack, chip, or whatever it may be within the first year. Just some sort of cosmetic damage that was beyond your control. Would you not be disappointed in the maker of it? Then say you want to get a new phone and sell yours. It has depreciated because of the condition so you get less than what you expected. Same goes for a board in my opinion. Most people want what they pay for.
Old     (leeflood86)      Join Date: Dec 2008       12-03-2008, 9:46 AM Reply   
thanks torrey i agree but as i said before i understand now i shouldnt of tried to keep both boards. performance and ronix have been really good with dealing with this claim so far. to be honest its only my own stupid fault for the hold ups
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-03-2008, 9:47 AM Reply   
I have never seen an Ibex not do that...

Yours, mine, my friends, 2 other guys on our lake.... its not just you, I think it is because of cold, don't know that for sure but it seems thats what does it .....

If I am buying a product that clearly has a cosmetic flaw I will accept that in my purcahse...
Say all Iphones peel and crack, it is known, put I still want it I deal with it.... Ronix I assume fixed the issue and it won't be a prob in 09'.... first gen boards always get tweaked a little in the second year

Either way, Props to Ronix for going FAARRRR beyond what they should do
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-03-2008, 10:20 AM Reply   
People look at wakeboards differently. Some people view a wakeboard simply as a tool, doesnt matter what it looks like as long as it performs. Others look at it like a personal valuable item, wanting everything to be perfect...just depends on which category you fall into.
Old     (sdmjr)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-03-2008, 10:39 AM Reply   
Nick not all IBEX's Crack.
I have an Ibex but It has not cracked or fogged and I bought it when they first came out. I 'll post a picture if you want. The 1st Ronix board I bought though did have the cracks but it was a vault. My dealer warrantied it with out hesitation.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       12-03-2008, 10:40 AM Reply   
What is more important Lee is that you came on here and admitted you were wrong for wanting to keep both boards and you understand now why it was wrong.
Props to you for that.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-03-2008, 10:45 AM Reply   
I can't believe you expect people to pay what boards cost these days and be okay with "just" cosmetic problems. If a board is going to cost that much, "rider owned" or not, it needs to tickle the customers fancy. Ronix stepped up. Good for them. But the attitude that you should expect it because it is a first gen or everyone else's did it, that is WOW. Throw me some dough from your $$ pit please.
Old     (petew)      Join Date: Dec 2008       12-03-2008, 11:53 AM Reply   
i hate that boards cost so much in comparison to how fragile they are especially nower days. i ride at a cable park which is obviously filled with obstacles. one touch of an obstacle and the warranty is gone. which im not bothered about but in 07 i went through a rediculous amount of boards some on there 2nd/3rd ride liquid force inparticular i then resorted to finding o5 season hyperlite boards which seem to be the strongest of all! although in 08 with all the grind base stuff i have to say much improved (although im still riding 05 hyperlite) i would never buy a board now unless its proven strong!
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-03-2008, 2:54 PM Reply   
Nick we had a few Ibex shipped to our store with the spider cracks. I'm not sure it's due to cold.

Either way. Props to Ronix and Performance.
Old     (kyle_m)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-04-2008, 6:07 AM Reply   
if i was to ride cable parks id ride the obrien flex series they are warrenteed on sliders which is awesome just to throw that out there