Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2004

Old    spazz05            08-10-2004, 10:20 AM Reply   
I just picked up my Belmont 141 yesterday which is so much nicer than my old board (o'brien heretic 140) and i want to start throwin back rolls but im not gettin the air i want, whats the best way to pop off the wake?}
Old     (jbjboc)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-10-2004, 2:30 PM Reply   
Progressive edge- stand tall off the wake (that part is all timing) look back over your leading shoulder. Rotation is simple.

You shuold be SOLID on wake to wakes, toeside and heelside, before trying inverts. 180 both ways 2 wake as well
Old     (curtbernstein)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-10-2004, 7:30 PM Reply   
If your going for backrolls, be able to do all the things that Jeff said to do, definetly. Backrolls in my opinion are not as similar to a trampoline backroll as some other tricks... if your looking to start getting involved into your first inverts.. if thats the case... go for tantrums, they are solid and very similar to the trampoline, and they dont crash too hard either when you dont get em every time... but as far as the backroll goes, its a cooler looking, scarier, and falls alot harder then a tantrum... but heres my advice from my backroll experience... definetly progressive edge heelside... two hands on the rope all the way through, unless planning on landing switch... edge all the way through, and as you lean back to do the flip, also give a little jump... backrolls look strange from the back of the boat view, but when you throw the flip, you actually want to shoot to more of a backwards cartwheel type action... it makes you have a stronger faster flip to make it around all the way... and the reason it doesnt look excactly like a backwards cartwheel is because the boat pulls you out of it, making the backroll look like a backroll... its a cool trick, and not that hard to do, i suggest doing tantrums first.. this trick isnt much harder.. but a little scarier because of your falling options.. good luck
Old     (tantrum20)      Join Date: Nov 2001       08-11-2004, 7:11 AM Reply   
see my comment at the end of this thread... might help you...
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/181256.html?1091400399
Old    spazz05            08-11-2004, 10:05 AM Reply   
thanks, i can try tantrums its just people have been explaining to me that all you really have to do is just extend yourself, not really throw yourself, im gonna try it this weekend and see how things go