Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2004

Old     (cwbwakeboarder)      Join Date: Dec 2003       08-02-2004, 8:12 PM Reply   
what are the best CWB boards out there? list the top 5
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-02-2004, 8:59 PM Reply   
CWB Absolute Platinum
CWB Absolute
CWB Transcend
CWB Prodigy Platinum
CWB Absolute!!!!!!!
Old    absolutewake134            08-03-2004, 7:32 AM Reply   
absolute platium
prodigy platium
absolute
transcend
prodigy
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-03-2004, 7:33 AM Reply   
The SOL is the best beginner board out there.

And the Boss & Zues are the sickets bindings.
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-03-2004, 7:55 AM Reply   
Absolute Plat
Absolute
Transcend
Pure
Flame
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-03-2004, 8:55 AM Reply   
6. Pure
7. Flame and Lotus
Old     (rschrock)      Join Date: May 2004       08-03-2004, 9:09 AM Reply   
I've said in a few other posts that I'm going to purchase an 04 or 05 absolute later this year. The question I have is, is the platinum the better choice? I know that it's a weight issue and I know that there has been numerous post on this topic (Hyperlite Premium DNA vs. Biolite). Net-Net, what's the difference? Ease of spinning the board? Can you go bigger or farther on a lighter board? I know the pro riders don't always use the lighter version. I'm interested in what you think.

Tkx,
R
Old    part_timer            08-03-2004, 9:16 AM Reply   
"And the Boss & Zues are the sickets bindings."

Buywake has '04 CWB Boss bindings in their "closeout" section right now for $229. I was thinking of checking them out.}

(Message edited by part_timer on August 03, 2004)
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-03-2004, 9:22 AM Reply   
To me, the Platinum is the only secondary core worth getting. I have ridden DNAs and Cirrus, and they dont feel much different than its normal version.
I havent ridden and Ultra core, so I cant speak on LF.

If you can afford it get the Platinum. I saw a 04 Ab Plat break for the first time this year. CWB replaced it in less than 5 days.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-03-2004, 9:29 AM Reply   
I snapped my 03 Platinum. My dealer was so confident in the CWB warranty, he handed me a new one off the shelf. I don't usually hear of many people breaking the Platinum boards though. I think they are a little stiffer than the standard core.
Old     (wakejumper8)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-03-2004, 11:00 AM Reply   
So I think I may be repeating the question, but I am looking into buying one too. I rode the Absolute Platinum last weekend and loved it. I know someone who is selling an Absolute (NOT Plat) and am wondering if I should consider it. I don't do inverts and probably never will. I will never try sliders. I stick to w2w and 180's. I do like to go big however and I want a board that will be with me for a long time. What do you all think, will I be able to tell a difference with a Plat?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-03-2004, 11:58 AM Reply   
I don't think so Laurie. I think very few can tell the difference.
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-03-2004, 12:00 PM Reply   
Chris K -thats a good deal but im stoked about the new ones in black. Wakeside always has stuff out early.
Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-03-2004, 3:24 PM Reply   
What board has more pop the transcend or the absolute?
Old    sage1            08-03-2004, 4:16 PM Reply   
I emailed Wakeside to find out if they were going to add CWB to their inventory and Jordan@wakeside.com wrote back that CWB wasn't of the same quality that the other mfg's were and they weren't planning on picking up the line. I call bull$&#% on that, but he put it in writing. They lose, I bought two Absolutes this year. Anyone else like to see them to pick up the CWB line, drop Jordan an email.

(Message edited by sage1 on August 03, 2004)

(Message edited by sage1 on August 03, 2004)
Old     (jennifer)      Join Date: May 2002       08-03-2004, 5:12 PM Reply   
Sage1, I e-mailed Wakeside when they first opened asking if they would be carrying CWB, they never will. I somewhat know the owner and have been bothering him about it for over a year. Check out http://www.watersportswarehouse.com if you want some new CWB gear. Those guys are awsome and have some of the best prices I have seen.

My Absolute Plat. and zues's should be here any day now :-)
Old    shopguy            08-03-2004, 7:45 PM Reply   
I know a place in phoenix that will beet everyone's price's on wake boards..no matter what kind! Well except hyperlite and Lf..I know they will sell you any cwb..at 25% off now..if you are from out of state all you pay is $25 shipping. It's called valley ride shop..they gave me a huge dicount on my board..I did buy a gator thought. give them a call and see what they have left in stock..

JBG.....
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-04-2004, 12:19 AM Reply   
I have the 04 regular Absolute, and love it. I let someone ride it who had been on the Platinum, and they said they could not really tell the difference. If you are a real hot shot, maybe, but you would love this board. Great pop, edge, and super soft landings.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-04-2004, 10:40 AM Reply   
I ride the normal core board. I like to think that I am a decent rider, basic inverts, 3's & 5's. I have ridden both and despite it being lighter I found the Platinum to be of little significance pop wise. Many of the pros don't even bother with it.

Woody, the Transcend has more pop but is not as fast. The new Absolute will have more pop than previous years as they have changed the rocker line. The 2004 Absolute was the best board I have ever had the privelage to ride. The new ones are on their way but it's going to be hard to beat the 2004. I might have to revert back to the Flame...
Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-04-2004, 5:24 PM Reply   
Thanks, I own a Transcend and have only been out three times on it. I have never tried an aboslute but would like too. Since it rides slower does that mean I should ride at a faster speed?

(Message edited by bwood on August 04, 2004)
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-04-2004, 5:56 PM Reply   
Woody, you can ride faster if you feel comfortable. But a boards speed should not dictate your boat speed. It basically comes down to how fast you like the board under your feet & no boat speed is going to affect that.