Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 09, 2007

Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-05-2007, 7:12 PM Reply   
I need some help here from maybe you guys that do boat systems for a living. I'm all done with the in the boat part and am getting ready to do the tower wiring now to finish. I would like to know maybe some websites or info on some nice tubing/sheath to run the wires through and plug options for the tower and through hull connections. I am looking for some higher end, clean looking nice quality pieces to wrap up the install. Thanks.
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-05-2007, 7:38 PM Reply   
try Topside Marine in San Jose
Jim makes killer setups
Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-05-2007, 7:45 PM Reply   
Sparky
Your tower legs are open on the bottoms, no need for through hull connection.
Old    walt            02-05-2007, 7:47 PM Reply   
Charles is correct.
Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-05-2007, 7:51 PM Reply   
Unless you got the chubby tower.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-05-2007, 7:59 PM Reply   
I will still need to go in and out around solid joints in the tower though...
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-05-2007, 8:06 PM Reply   
...also If I were to use the front legs, I would need a plug at the fold down, dis-connect point. I have no solid plan yet, just now starting to look at options. Thanks for any input.
Old     (bremsen)      Join Date: Aug 2005       02-06-2007, 5:55 PM Reply   
Here is a list of sites for install accessories.

http://www.icixsound.com/vb/showthread.php?t=17226

Pretty sure the connectors you are looking for are neutrik speakon connectors. You can also get techflex for tubing sheath. Both available at parts express.

(Message edited by bremsen on February 06, 2007)
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       02-07-2007, 1:18 AM Reply   
HSC in Rohnert Park (By the Press Democrat) might have some of the environmentally sealed military type connectors. You can use the string and vacuum trick to pull the wires if needed.

Many installers just use the kinda see through black mesh sheathing.

Make sure if you ever plan to get tower lights, the connector(s) can handle the amperage (Not sure how many speakers you are planning on running).
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-07-2007, 5:41 PM Reply   
Thanks for the input guys. I havn't been to HSC yet Peter, but they were on my "list". I was hoping for something braded going into grommets for the sheathing? Mikeski said Fry's has it but they don't have a store locally and you can't buy it off the website.
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       02-07-2007, 7:37 PM Reply   
There is a Fry's in Sac and in Walnut Creek. Also do not forget Electronic's Plus in San Rafael. They have all kinds of stuff. That is where I buy all my shrink wrap tubing and covering material. They have it by the roll, in different colors even. HSC might even have something. I have only tooled around in there for a short time. It is a Salvation store for electronics. Unfortunately we were on a mission that day
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-07-2007, 7:43 PM Reply   
Actually, I did forget about Electronics Plus, It's been a few years since I've been in there. I'll give em a call. BTW Peter, I had a great conversation with our new Snap-On tool dealer named Susie? Small world huh.
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       02-07-2007, 7:50 PM Reply   
Yeah I know Susie In fact I met here through this board.