Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2006

Old     (future)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-31-2006, 12:01 PM Reply   
So last Friday we were towing the boat up to the lake property and on I-5 a rock must have kicked up from a passing car or truck and shattered the passenger side wind shield of the boat. Has anyone else had anything like this happen to them? Worst part was getting all the glass out of the inside.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-31-2006, 12:23 PM Reply   
I had this happen while towing an old nautique to california....

plexiglass for about 30 dollars fixed it, if its an old boat.
Old     (future)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-31-2006, 12:25 PM Reply   
nope needs a new piece of glass
Old     (iagainsti)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-31-2006, 12:37 PM Reply   
I havent had it happen, knock on wood ! I do know what a p.i.t.a safety glass can be. I had a glass piece from our tv console simply explode when it got pinched. I was finding glass particles a month later, in the oddest of places.
Old     (j_trip_33)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-31-2006, 1:21 PM Reply   
Happened to me last year on my 03 Supra SSV. Had to have the entire windshield fixture replaced on the drivers side. Still finding pieces of glass this year.
Old     (goodwin)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-01-2006, 8:17 AM Reply   
D Dub!
hopefully yer boys at AWS can fix her real quick!
Glad you got great weather for your vacation, wish I could have enjoyed more of it with ya.
Old    ausbill32            08-01-2006, 11:10 AM Reply   
I'm going through the same problem right now on my 06 supra 21v. I busted the middle windsheild and am having a hard time getting just the glass by itself. It started with the Supra dealership having ordered me an new glass/frame together but when that one arrived it didn't fit on my boat correctly. It sat 1 inch higher than my other windows. The dealer said because when they create the window frames for the supra boats the entire frame it's all cut from one molding set and every set is just a little different. So they orignally told me I was going to have to order a entire new frame for all the windows and I didn't like that answer so I called my insurance company. They talked with Supra dealership and long story short, they are trying to get me just a cut of glass from the manufacturer of the glass which is Canada. That is what I originally asked for by the way...lol...Good lord this has been ongoing since July 9th....sucky
Old     (future)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-01-2006, 1:12 PM Reply   
yeah they always do. no complaints at all it is supposed to go in today and should have it back in a day or two so I figure thats pretty good especially for this time of year
Old     (kirk)      Join Date: May 2003       08-01-2006, 2:08 PM Reply   
I had mine shatter while towing on the way to a 14 day vacation. I called Tige while on the road, had them UPS a replacement to the closest glass place where we were staying and had it installed within 3 days. Tige went out of thier way to ensure I was able to get my replacement for the rest of my vacation. I am still finding pieces of the safety glass in hidden nooks and crannies 3 years later...
Old     (wakemaniac69)      Join Date: Nov 2004       08-10-2006, 9:49 PM Reply   
I lost my windshield on the highway once. I replaced it with 3/16" thick Lexan. I made a cardboard template to fit the window frame, then cut the Lexan oversized a bit and trimmed to fit upon installation. It's still in the boat. If I were to do another one, I would probably go to 1/4" thick Lexan. This replacement was done on a 1980 Ski Nautique. Works great.