Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 25, 2007

Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-01-2007, 5:45 PM Reply   
I don't have my 216 broken in yet but The inland surfer boys tested out the new Enzo 216. "To setup the boat, we filled the stock port ballast and then added a 300lb sac to the port storage locker and added one small sac to the floor on the port side. We sat about 5 people on the port side as well. One thing we noticed right off the bat was that the boat was barely listing and the rub rail was still a good 5 inches from the water. "

"As we accelerated, we used the trim tab to adjust the wake. When we hit about 13 MPH we moved the trim tab to about 20 degrees and bam… everyone’s eyes lit up! Sick wake. Yes, a clean-faced, long wake with a nice lip appeared behind the boat. We were all VERY impressed. We would never have believed that the wake would be that nice with out seeing it with our own eyes. "
Upload
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-01-2007, 6:28 PM Reply   
nice
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-01-2007, 7:11 PM Reply   
Kevin, Thanks for the post, I've been waiting to see a little surf wake info on the 216.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-01-2007, 7:53 PM Reply   
I figured you would be interested
Old     (sk_centurion)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-02-2007, 7:10 AM Reply   
Look good Kevin. I was also curious to see what kind of surf wake that was going to put out. Now we want pics of the Board wake.
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-02-2007, 7:39 AM Reply   
Rubrail 5" from water...are you saying more weight may be added? Looks nice to me though.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-02-2007, 8:16 AM Reply   
I've looked at the 216 fact sheet, It has more storage room than the 23 foot Enzo and nearly as much as the 24 foot boat!
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-02-2007, 3:09 PM Reply   
I will get some boarding pictures soon

OH yes you could put a ton of weight in this boat. Like Ed says it has tons of room for storage and or weight.

The boarding wake is different than the other Centurions it is more of a Ramp and not near as sensitive to weight. The other day 3 people where sitting on the drivers side and one person on the passenger side and the wake was still clean on both sides! On the down side the rough water ride is not near as good as my Cyclone

(Message edited by krbaugh on May 02, 2007)

(Message edited by krbaugh on May 02, 2007)
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-02-2007, 7:49 PM Reply   
The flat hull on the 216 should make it less sensitive to weight distribution compared to other hulls, just as you describe. I’m a little surprised that a flat hull boat makes a good surfing wake but I understand that they were using John boats in Florida for wakesurf boats in the 1960s and John boats are flat.

The flatter hull should also make the back lockers much bigger - deeper - Kevin only you and a few others know for certain.

I think that hitting the trim tab to perk up the wake is an indication that there wasn’t enough bow weight. Since the back lockers are so big you should be able to load up more weight in the back but I think you’ll need to load up the bow as well. How much room is under the front cushions?

Also the flatter hull should make a more rampy wake, my wakeboard wake is a bit vert, again just as Kevin describes.

On top of all that it a heck of a sweet looking boat.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       05-02-2007, 9:58 PM Reply   
Kevin, have you been out much yet? I just got on the water for the first time tonight. Still interested in getting out in the 216, really interested to see the surf wake and to see if the slalom wake is as good as you say it is.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-02-2007, 10:26 PM Reply   
No we have just been out a couple times breaking in the boat.

We will have to get you out in the boat sooon
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       05-03-2007, 12:21 AM Reply   
Sounds good, just from the stuff I'm hearing it's moving to the top of my list, especially if the surf wake is good.