Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 14, 2005

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-24-2005, 10:41 PM Reply   
I got the new Perfict Pass Upgrade.
$199 from Perfict pass and you get
#1 New Dispaly
#2 Software up grade that allows you to run the new display and name features. Version 6.5

The only gauge option I had came with a black face & chrome bezel. So I had to sand down the bezel and Re-paint it silver to match my other gauges

Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-24-2005, 11:14 PM Reply   
Grant, what year is your boat. I thought it was a 2001 but now it looks like it is a 2002 because I am pretty sure that 2002 came with silver rings. Mine is a 2001 and it has black.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-24-2005, 11:24 PM Reply   
Grant, nice! Now, check your engine.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       10-24-2005, 11:32 PM Reply   
Nice,

When I saw it yesterday it didn't match and I wondered what you were planning. Nice to see it installed already, looks great. I need to get going with my off season projects. I bought the chip now I am thinking I might need to upgrade the display, I really like being able to see the speed, rpm, and setpoint all in one view.

Mount the old display in the rear hatch so I can set my own speed next time I go out (or at least turn it off when I go footn') jk...lol.

M
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-24-2005, 11:45 PM Reply   
Anyone know if they make this option for BUs (the larger display)?
Old     (superairdawg)      Join Date: May 2003       10-25-2005, 4:56 AM Reply   
Hey Grant -- do you think a bezel from an old display would fit over the new? Same as Squid,} I have dark gray bezels on my '01 and am not quite as adept with the paint as you are. The black display looks good.

GD -- yes, they do make the 5" display for Malibu. Check the site for options. (http://www.perfectpass.com/products.html)
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-25-2005, 7:59 AM Reply   
my boat is a 2002. the stock bezel thats on my orignal perfict pass it is painted plastic. It looks like if you had some special tools you could remove the bezel from your old gauge and install it on your new gauge, I wasent sure if the old bezel would fit on the new gauge so I just preped the new bezel and painted it, no big deal
Old     (d_o_double_g)      Join Date: Sep 2003       10-25-2005, 9:21 AM Reply   
So the question now is: What are the benefits of the new system compared to the old?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-25-2005, 9:47 AM Reply   
Joe: to answer your question look below. The New dispaly and the orignal display are the same, So the orignal bezel will fit on the new display,

Remove the old bezel

Orignal bezel

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-25-2005, 9:54 AM Reply   
I dont know all the advantages of the new display but here is why I switched.
#1 easyer to read. You can see in the photo above the PP display numbers are bold,
#2 rider list you can add up to 8 diffrent riders with the speed they like to be pulled at.
#3 The new display now shows RPM's just below the current speed.

So to me its more of you dont need to look at the the gauges you can look at the PP dsiplay and it tells you everything you sort of need to know.
Old     (roberto)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-25-2005, 11:37 AM Reply   
Whoa! Looks like the bridge of the USS Enterprise. Nice cluster Grant.

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-25-2005, 12:42 PM Reply   
LOL
Old     (twitch)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-25-2005, 6:41 PM Reply   
dude... you must have major problems with your engine... that light has been on in all your pictures...
Old     (superairdawg)      Join Date: May 2003       10-26-2005, 5:14 AM Reply   
That's good news that you can use the old bezel! Have you had any opportunity to try the "new and improved" PP yet, Grant? And is it worth the $200 upgrade?

I might have to upgrade my xmas list!!
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-26-2005, 7:08 AM Reply   
Just installed it yesterday & Im working on some other things so I dont know if ill get to use it till next week, But Yes I already think its worth the $200