Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 06, 2007

Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-20-2007, 7:33 AM Reply   
ok so im ready to get some wheels finally, these are the ones i like but a guy at les schwab told me they are lower quality and the casting isn't as good so you need to watch out for leaks. anyone run these wheels or have any input, i went and looked at other wheels yesterday and i didn't like any i saw and they were like $100 more a wheel. im not trying to be cheap but i don't wanna pay more for wheels i don't like. i don't drive that much, i really only drive to tow the boat in the summer, in 6 months ive driven 5000 miles and that includes an 800 mile road trip and a 600 mile trip. so will boss wheels be ok or should i spend more on better wheels?

here are the wheels im looking at, can't decide, they are going on a white denali
Upload
Upload
Old     (weazy)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-20-2007, 7:43 AM Reply   
I would never buy Boss wheels again in just over a year they started to pit from underneath the crome finish. The place I bought them said that was normal and since it was over a year there was nothing they could do.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       07-20-2007, 8:06 AM Reply   
I have some boss 20's on my tahoe after two years they started to pit inside and leak ( very slow). abotu every three months I have to have a fresh coat of bead sealer put on, if nto they lose air in abtou 4 days. liekwise, nothing they can do about it.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-20-2007, 8:15 AM Reply   
Have you considered black wheels for the Denali? Black wheels on white cars looks really nice.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-20-2007, 8:19 AM Reply   
Go to discount tire company they have their own brand (MB Motoring)that looks like the second set of boss wheels you posted and they are very decent quality and of course they have a good warranty.
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-20-2007, 8:39 AM Reply   
I had the MB motoring wheels and went through 3 sets in 1yr. The chrome was pitting on each set. I use to work for Discount Tire and if you want a chrome wheel spend the extra $$$$ and get a good name brand wheel.
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-20-2007, 8:40 AM Reply   
I had Boss's on an older car....junk. Pitting after about 8 months.

Most manufacturers have a 6 spoke design like you have above. 6 spoke and 12 spoke wheel designs look great on that body style.

Depending on your year of Denali, you probably have the tire pressure monitoring system or AutoRide. I remember when I got the 22's for my Yukon, there was a question if I had the AutoRide system. I think some wheels are compatible, some aren't. But, like I said it was a while ago and the exact scenario escapes me. Might just want to keep that in mind.

Are you going 22"?
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-20-2007, 8:51 AM Reply   
well my truck is at the tire place now :-) im getting some sweet 22s :-) they were onsale for $2500 and i talked him down to $1900 so im feeling pretty good. he says they are really nice rims, way better than boss or MB, he says they are triple plated chrome, he might be blowing smoke up my ass but the look sick!

i was all set to go back to discount tire and drop $1900 on MB wheels but they are way cooler :-)

i was originally gonna get black wheels but after going back and forth i went with chrome, it just looks classy, black is more industrial looking which isn't really the look i want right now
Old     (big_b_21v)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-20-2007, 8:55 AM Reply   
Sweet, I am coming by the store at noon. Will it be there?
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-20-2007, 8:57 AM Reply   
i should have it back by then!
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-20-2007, 9:23 AM Reply   
nice...post some pics when you get it back!
Old     (lake_side)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-20-2007, 12:41 PM Reply   
Well that sucks I just bought a set of boss for my truck. They are what they call black crome. I hope I hope I have my diesel by then.
Old     (wake_pirate)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-23-2007, 10:28 AM Reply   
I sell Boss wheels & have never heard of pitting or any other problems. I also have had the same set on my wifes 02 Suburban. Still no problems & most any higher quality wheel will accept tire pressure sensors. If your wheels are peeling I would rec calling American Eagle/Boss. Here in California their # is 916-649-8142. http://www.americaneaglewheel.com/
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-23-2007, 5:02 PM Reply   
I got them on my truck. I bought them with the truck. They are OK, there are better. For the price they are a great deal.