Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003

Old     (wake_eater)      Join Date: May 2003       07-13-2003, 2:46 PM Reply   
i just started riding at the end of last summer. now im ready to "GO BIG", or atleast try but i cant seem to get the wake dialed in. ive got 360 lbs of lead, & 2 500 lb. fatsacks. ive been filling a sack between the motor & rear seat, putting about 200lbs. of lead in front, and 1 sack filled half way in front of engine cover. do i need more weight? or arrange it differently? my outback ls already rides pretty low. any pointers would be much appreciated!!
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-13-2003, 2:55 PM Reply   
Fill the two 500 sacks and put them on either size of the motor box. Put the 360 of lead in the bow. That will be your best wake.
Old    krug            07-27-2003, 8:42 PM Reply   
I have a 2000 outback . with only a driver and a spotter the best wake in a outback is to throw the back seat out, put 2 500 lbs sacks in the back laying sideways side by side then put one on each side of the motor, if they are around 500 dont fill them all the way, then either put a 5th bag in the walkway or some sand up in the bow storage.
With what you have now i would do what jon allen said, but not so much in the bow. these boats are very front heavy compared to others. and have people sit in the back seat if you leave it in. DONT LET ANYBODY RIDE IN THE BOW, it will not track right or corner worth a shizz
Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-28-2003, 4:08 AM Reply   
how would you do it for a v drive? I have two 250lbs on each side of the engine and one 600lbs sack in the center ski locker.the wake is just not big enough.
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-28-2003, 5:52 AM Reply   
Woody my friend has a 2000 mob v as well and this is how we weight it. 2 sacs in the front ski locker. The front one only get about half full cause it hit on the bottom of the seats. Then he has the two ballast tanks that are built in next to the engine. the we put a phat buddy on each side of the engine. This seems to be the best setup for the boat that we found. If you have the wake plate we usually run his at the first line. That puts just enough pressure down to keep it from porpoiseing(sp?)but doesn't take away from the wake. We also usually have at least 5-6 people in the boat also they sit in the main area not in the bow. I like the wake on that boat alot when we weight it like that. The table is kind of narrow so I run 85 feet long.