Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (gharvin)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-05-2006, 4:19 PM Reply   
Well after a long weekend with the red tide, i am ready to share with everyone. I am 6'3" 260lbs. Surfing behind my 21v on the red tide was extremely easy, I was able to freeride instantly. 2-3 minutes of freeriding on the board was easy. It cuts decent and is very fast compared to the liquid force boards. I am extremely pleased with this board. Almost everyone on the boat was able to freeride that had any watersport experience. I am considering calling jeff page and getting a blue lake while they are on special, any thoughts on that board.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-05-2006, 5:52 PM Reply   
Cool, I just ordered a Red. I'll post our results sometime next week.
Old     (tomcalabria)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-05-2006, 6:10 PM Reply   
Once you ride a shred stixx, you will wished that you never bought another board but you can always make a coffee table out of the other board.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-05-2006, 6:18 PM Reply   
So Tom, is there any particular kind of board that you like?
Old    surfdad            07-05-2006, 7:39 PM Reply   
Tom, with all due respect if you chime in BUY SHRED STIXX everytime anyone scratches their butt, you lose all credibility. How about just on even days of the week, ok? :-)
Old     (mcmillanman5)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-05-2006, 10:05 PM Reply   
Just got my new red tide today as well and the board looks great. Can't wait until Saturday, we would be out tomorrow but since I have already taken two days off this week I thought it might be a good idea to work a bit. Also the service at Inland Surfer is really great!!
Old     (tomcalabria)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-05-2006, 10:59 PM Reply   
Can't help it I am excited about the shred stixx boards.
Old    surfdad            07-06-2006, 6:26 AM Reply   
Gary, I'm confused about why you are wanting the blue? First, I'm glad you are free riding now. The Red is a big board, and certainly is more of an entry level board than the blue, are you feeling that you have stepped up your game sufficiently to ride a smaller board? After 1 weekend? If I'm not mistaken, it wasn't more than 3 weeks ago that you couldn't free ride a LF.
Old     (gharvin)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-06-2006, 9:09 AM Reply   
jeff,
the reason i am considering the blue is due tothe special inland surfer is having that is about to end. I would rather pay 270 for it than 465 in two months when I would be ready for it. definately do not think i have stepped up my game near that, I am still an embarissing sight to see.
Old    surfdad            07-06-2006, 9:28 AM Reply   
Yeah...that price IS sweet, certainly can't be beat. From what I can tell those prices currently make the blue the least expensive true surfstyle board available. I wonder if it would be a good investment? Buy low and sell high? :-) If you bought one and didn't like it, sell it later for a higher price? I think I'll place an order with my broker with a trailing stop. :-)
Old     (bfa)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-10-2006, 9:26 AM Reply   
We just tried the Yellow Inland Surfer this weekend, I liked it, but almost everyone else riding did not. There was a lot of nosing it in. I couldn't cut in and out of the wake quite as quick as when I rode a Phase 5 Oogle. It had great pick up, I was about 10 or more feet back and I was able to ride and catch up. We may try the 5' 6" board next.