Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 14, 2003

Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-27-2003, 9:24 AM Reply   
I wanted to know if anyone has been to Travis Moye's and Shaun Murray's The Boarding School yet? If so, let me know what you thought of it and any pictures of the facilities that you might have taken. I am particularily interested in the comparison between that and the previous Ride the Spot which I attended last summer. Thanks for any input.
Andrew
Old     (csquared)      Join Date: Jan 2002       10-27-2003, 12:06 PM Reply   
I spent 5 days there last week. Great time and I would highly recommend it. Can't compare the facilities to rid the spot (never went there).

Don't have any pictures handy. The camp house has been totaly renovated by Travis and Shaun and it's really nice. It's on a chain of 5 or 6 lakes and we always had good water, even on the windy days.

Travis and Shaun were there each day and the coaching and set up were awesome. Shaun had his 03 SAN that we used all week. Travis has an 04 X-star coming soon. They took video for review at night a couple days. Shaun rode doubles and coached while riding (which was very effective and a lot of fun). They have a bunch of demo stuff from hyperlite, a surfboard, wakeskate, etc.

Overall, it was very laid back. Ride as much or as little as you want. Shaun and Travis work really well together and have put together a great camp.

Two enthusiastic thumbs up and I'll definately go back.

I don't have time to post all of the details but let me know if you have any questions.
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-27-2003, 1:10 PM Reply   
Was the camp at Shaun's house or is it on a completely different chain of lakes? What did you do at night? Last year at Ride the Spot Travis would either bring dinner over for us or we would go out to eat with Darin in Orlando, which we did three times. Thanks.
Andrew
Old     (csquared)      Join Date: Jan 2002       10-27-2003, 6:32 PM Reply   
Different chain of lakes about 10-15 minutes from Shaun's house. Had dinner at the house a few times and went out with Shaun and Travis a couple times. Since one of the rooms in the house wasn't being used, Shaun stayed at the camp one night too.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-27-2003, 7:17 PM Reply   
njladydriver, her nine-year-old son Connor and I just spent three days at The Boarding School. In fact, our first day there over-lapped with Shawn's last day (Hey Shawn!). We REALLY enjoyed our stay. We'd get-out on the lake early, spend the entire morning riding/training/talking and then we'd go back to the house and break for lunch. After eating and resting a bit we'd get back in the boat and ride right into the late afternoon. While relaxed and easy-going, at the same time Travis and Shaun are very hard-working and they appear quite committed to the success of this project. In fact, on one of the days, instead of taking a lunch break with us, they used that time to continue the imporvement of the guest house by building an outside deck! So many truly great things happened during the three days that we were there that it would be impossible to review it all here. But suffice it to say, that before we even left we were already discussing returning in February. We took a ton of digital cam pictures, some 35mm pictures and lots of video. Once we sort through it all we'll probably post some of the goodies. Our stay at the camp met and/or exceeded ALL of our expectations. The only thing we missed-out on was a demo of extreme kneeboarding by Murray the Elder. <g>

As Shawn offered, if you want to know about anything in particular, just ask.

Alex in New Jersey
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-28-2003, 7:01 PM Reply   
Having my son who is 9 train with Shaun and Travis was the best decision I ever made. He was improving on alot of his riding not to mention trying to do little tricks here and there just from the coaching. The way Shaun & Travis would build his confidence was amazing and had him charging the wake and doing things we would only hope he'd do all season in NJ. Shaun is great with kids and very patient with what he does. He is truly a professional in every way. We rode as much as we wanted and at the pace we wanted and they truly made us feel very comfortable and at home. I totally recommend the school for all ages from novice to advanced. At the airport on the way home, I had asked my son what was the best part of the 3 days we were there. His reply to me was "riding doubles with Shaun"!
Shaun and Travis, if you're reading this, thanks again for a great 3 days!!
Travis will answer any questions you may have if you contact him.
www.theboardingschool.com