Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 14, 2003

Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-19-2003, 11:39 AM Reply   
all the sliders were taken out of the delta. im lookin for people that are down to help build some new ones. need some good builders and people with a good imagination. the delta has had sliders for years but none that have gotten any recognition in the mags or vids. lets hear some ideas.
Old     (joe_788)      Join Date: Aug 2003       10-19-2003, 12:04 PM Reply   
Who took them down and why?
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-19-2003, 12:12 PM Reply   
Joe, I dont know why they were removed, but I do know that over the past few months they have been building the levees up higher, so maybe when they got to the sliders they removed them so they could get their equipment closer to the levee? I dont know, this is just a guess.

Jason- I'm down to help out.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       10-19-2003, 5:07 PM Reply   
The one on Grant Line that we're showing in DS only lasted about a month. I'll hit the sheriffs up next time they stop by Golden Isle and see if they're to blame.
Old    norcal_99            10-19-2003, 8:23 PM Reply   
If you build it they will come.

Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-20-2003, 1:28 PM Reply   
Build.....please. I think we may be able to round up a crew to help out. It'd be cool if we could get a few people to help fund though. My understanding is that they were pulled while they were dredging/repairing levees. Anyway, the old sliders were looking pretty bad towards the end, so it'll be nice to have something fresh... On a side note, ever since the sliders disappeared my new board has looked good for a lot longer. Not a scratch on it...yet.
Old     (hatepwcs)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-20-2003, 2:23 PM Reply   
Hey Jason- ran into cdub at mistaic and got the 411. Congrats that your swimmers are working and found a target. Good luck with everything.

Old    norcal_99            10-20-2003, 2:49 PM Reply   
mistaic - hahaha - haven't they closed that place yet?

Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-20-2003, 6:54 PM Reply   
whats up neelley. how u been. thanks for the congrats. jus found out its a girl. yea were obviously gonna need some help with funding. i work around quite a few construction sites so some thing may be quite easy to obtain free of charge. main thing right now is whose goin to help and when are we goin to build.
Old     (alan_bogdanoff)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-21-2003, 7:57 PM Reply   
Wat up Jason?
Hope all is good with you!
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-21-2003, 8:07 PM Reply   
hey alan. things are goin great. how bout you. you been ridin much.
Old    sonicr1            10-22-2003, 5:00 PM Reply   
Where you gonna put the sliders, and when???
Old     (sb1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-23-2003, 3:54 PM Reply   
jason- whattup buddy, I am more than down to help out on this mission with materials, labor, etc...the tricky part is going to be finding a good spot to setup, as I can tell you from personal experience how whack it is to go through all the hassle and expense only to see your masterpiece torn down by the law.

if anyone has a good idea for a spot, hit me back privately.
Old    norcal_99            10-23-2003, 4:28 PM Reply   
Make floating sliders that you can tow in and out of someones house in Discovery Bay.
Old     (sb1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-23-2003, 4:58 PM Reply   
rene- true, but it seems that would be a long haul and you could waste half your day dragging one rail out and then back in...dont know if it would be worth it, but maybe if we ask rich real nice, he will let us keep one at his place near victoria
Old     (sb1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-23-2003, 5:02 PM Reply   
...either way, fixed in place rails are better in my opinion, not to mention easier/cheaper to build.
Old    norcal_99            10-23-2003, 7:52 PM Reply   
I think fixed would be better too. What about putting them over where the last ones were, or over by the ski jumps. Either way I'll help build them. I'm good at building things.
Old     (alan_bogdanoff)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-23-2003, 9:46 PM Reply   
Jason, I've been riding - but on the injured reserve list. So far this year - Broken ribs, and tail bone. Everything has healed up, except I still feel the tail bone, from time to time.
They say that takes a while. Looking forward to riding again with you!!
Alan Bogdanoff
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-28-2003, 4:31 PM Reply   
hey guys. im down to build in the old spot. like i said gettin most of the materials shouldnt be a problem to get free of charge. lets get together sometime and go ridin one day and well discuss.