Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 14, 2003

Old    gnil            10-17-2003, 1:40 AM Reply   
I am looking for a new board and decided for a 3 stage ( I have tryed the Parks but it' s maybe a little too technical for me and not loose enough, the Belmont was very nice but I want something with more pop... this year was my 1st real season). I have been riding an Evo 142 , but it felt heavy,( my weight is 165lbs) and didn't edge well at all and i dindn' t like the pop.
I have been thinking about the LF Subject or Balance and maybe the Substance....
Reading the descriptions didn' t tell me realy how they are.... comments are always : great board, best board, does everything well....
Could anyone give me more info about these boards... How they feel compared to others ???
I can' t try them as my shop only keeps new boards.
Old    jack70            10-17-2003, 2:00 AM Reply   
I dude,
The best way to try all boards you want,
is just to open your personal wake school and shop.
It's like riding:
-learn a minimum of technik
-Accept your fear
-Ask courage to your own higher power
-Do it.
Best wishes.
Old    rishermrp            10-17-2003, 2:05 AM Reply   
i've ridden the subject and substance. The subject was extremely loose which was fun at times and had good pop. The substance wasn't as loose had better pop and if you did want it looser you can take the center fin off and even with the center fin in it is loose enough to easily break free when you want to. I chose the substance for my board and have been completely satisfied
Old     (projectely4)      Join Date: Apr 2003       10-17-2003, 5:23 AM Reply   
i have both the subjekt and balance. I like the subjekt better but the balance is awesome. The subjekt i think is one of the best boards on the market. It has a little more pop than the balance is fast holds a great edge and can be loose when you want it to be. When i say loose i mean it releases very well of the wake. For the balance it is a fast board with good pop and hold all the way up the wake.
Old    maverick_gear            10-17-2003, 9:09 AM Reply   
It sounds like you are stuck on the LF product but if you get a chance check out the GatorBoards Rickey G or the Hyperlite ERA series those are the best all around designed boards on the market
Old     (iewc_vp)      Join Date: Aug 2001       10-17-2003, 3:51 PM Reply   
The Ricky G and the Era are great boards. Have you looked at them, they are identical is shape!

The Balance is probably the best board I have ever ridden. Great pop, awesome edge and with the cupped fins you can run smaller fins without loosing the edge but making the board looser when you want it to be. The Substance is fun, lots of pop but a little slower then the Balance and not as much edge hold, but lots of fun if that is your style. The Subjekt is like nothing else out there, it is loose, tons of pop, good edge but it does take some getting used to. For and all around great board I would say the Balance or the Substance.
Old     (tantrum20)      Join Date: Nov 2001       10-17-2003, 4:00 PM Reply   
I tried last years premier which is the same as the era and it felt so slow compared to my old trip(with cupped side fins without center fin)... I hated it... it just didn't match my riding... I tried my new 03 absolute once this summer and it felt great... can't wait to get back on the water with a brand new knee...
Old    gnil            10-18-2003, 8:34 AM Reply   
thanks for your comments........
I am starting to get a good feel about these boards, ...... are there any other comments about them ?
I would think that my choise will go either to the Balance ( I don' t think I can go wrong with this one, only maybe want a little more pop ??? ) or the Subject ( everyone seems to say that this board is THE board.. but is it that difficult to get used to it ?? )
Old    gnil            10-18-2003, 10:43 AM Reply   
TIM..... thanks for your comments but what do you mean by 'the sujekt needs some getting used to it' ?
Like the Parks ?
Old     (iewc_vp)      Join Date: Aug 2001       10-18-2003, 11:51 AM Reply   
It is just different then most boards out there. But yeah similar to the parks inhow you have to ride it. The Balance does not lack for pop though.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-20-2003, 9:16 AM Reply   
I say if you have to "get used to the board" then that's not the board for you. Tim was saying that the Subjekt is an excellent board but it just isn't the board for him. I currently ride the Substance and I rode Tim's Balance. I absolutely love the Substance. It's a very mellow board, edges easy, holds great, slides when I want it to, and has pop like crazy. Any 3 of those boards you would really like, but they are 3 very different boards. I believe that the Substance is the easiest for me to ride because it fits my style the best, just like the Balance fits Tim's style. I've put 4 or 5 people on my substance and they all absolutely loved it.

Tim - your ts rolls looked sick yesterday, oh soooo smooth.
Old     (projectely4)      Join Date: Apr 2003       10-21-2003, 9:00 AM Reply   
when i went from riding my balance to the subjekt it didn't take any time to get use to. i love both of the boards but mainly i ride the subjekt because i like its loose feel but still has an awesome edge into the wake
Old    suprao            10-23-2003, 2:03 PM Reply   
i have a 2003 135 balance that has been ridden about 4 times and comes with full waranty, I will sell it for cheap if you are interested
Old    gnil            10-24-2003, 1:27 AM Reply   
Thanks Owen, but I live in Switzerland ( shipping costs are expensive) and 135 is too small for me . Why are you selling it ? did you not like it ? what do you ride ?