Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 14, 2003

Old    bobbymucic            10-14-2003, 4:54 PM Reply   
For those of you with ~11 feet and ride 03 belmonts or parks, what size works for you?

I ask because I just bought some '03 belmonts, size XL. My foot wiggles enough in them now that worry how they will fit once they break in. I was using hyperlite spins, standard size (those were too tight for the first part of the season, but eventually were a decent fit).

so if I go with size L parks or belmonts,I am not sure if L will be too tight, so I am hoping for some feedback before I go to any trouble of exchanging. Maybe the parks will fit better??

Thanks for any help
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-14-2003, 6:41 PM Reply   
I have a size 10 foot, average width. I just bought some size L Highbacks and found them very large for me, as my foot wiggles all around, and I like my bindings super tight. Now I'm getting into rebuilding/customizing them, but the new HL base plates are a major pain in the @ss to rebuild. Hope this helps.
Old     (obrienride16)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-14-2003, 8:19 PM Reply   
i have an 11 and ride large belmonts and used to have large parks. no problems at all, not too tight, but im not coming out all the time either
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       10-14-2003, 10:01 PM Reply   
I don't have a size 11 but ran into the same issue because I have wide feet. Larges were too big but Mediums were too small. I got a medium size pair of 03 Parks and Jeremy at Bakes Marine soaked them in a large rice cooker, softening the boot. While still freaking hot, I shoved my foot in and he cinched them tight. I wore them with for about 5 or 6 minutes and then he took them off. Never had an issue after that. Custom fit to my foot and a great excuse never to let anyone use your bindings.

Caution: Make sure all the boiling water is poured out. The little screw holes in the foam will retain enough water to burn the crap out of your feet.

Good Luck!

(Message edited by solo on October 14, 2003)
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       10-14-2003, 10:29 PM Reply   
Here are some pic's. They have never lost their shape.

Old     (mcfly)      Join Date: Jan 2002       10-15-2003, 7:34 AM Reply   
I have a very wide foot and wear an 11 shoe size..I wear Medium/Large Belmonts. The Large always felt good when the bindings were new, but once a pair broke in, they would be too loose.

Now, with each new pair of Medium/Large, they are tight at first until they break in and form to my foot..then they are good to go from there.

McFly
Old    bobbymucic            10-15-2003, 9:50 AM Reply   
Thanks for the input everybody.

I called the shop I got my bindings hoping for an exchange to L. but they don't have any Large O3 belmonts or parks. As far as fit, they said I could cut the inner rubber part under the overlay down so that the overlay can be bolted lower.

I think I will try this instead of selling my XL's and trying to get another deal on a Large pair somewhere else.

Old    bobbymucic            10-15-2003, 10:54 AM Reply   
Trinity Board shop offered to take back the bindings, and I am paying to upgrade to '04 Parks, size L. The money to upgrade should be worth the hassle.

Thanks again for everyone's input. Seems like getting the Larges is the way to go.

I'm glad Trinity Board shop is being fair about the switch. Their customer service is great.

(Message edited by bobbymucic on October 15, 2003)
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       10-15-2003, 1:12 PM Reply   
Cutting the inner rubber will void any warranty. With Hyperlite and 2 new pairs of overlays on my bindings, I would say that your warranty is pretty important.
Old    tattoobling            10-16-2003, 6:28 AM Reply   
That's cool about Trinity, I've always heard good things. Just in case y'all don't know HL has a sizing chart in their brochure and on their website. Sometimes the sizes do overlap (Lg = 9-11, XL = 11-13) but in most cases it's more likely the smaller size will be the one to fit better. Bindings do have a tendency to form around your foot. Hope that helps.
Old     (rodeo)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-27-2003, 7:50 PM Reply   
steven,
did you put the bindings in boiling water? How long did you leave them in there? I assume this would work with 03 byerlys
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       10-28-2003, 12:50 PM Reply   
Jeremy at Bakes Marine in Issaquah had a extra large rice cooker. It wasn't boiling over or anything, but yes it was boiling water. He kept them in for about 5 minutes or until the rubber was loose and soft. Make sure to dump out all the excess water before shoving your foot back in. The screw holes in the foot pad will retain the boiling water and burn your feet.
Old    kevlar            10-28-2003, 3:11 PM Reply   
I couldn't get some LF Ultras in the right size so I took them apart and put them back together halfway between Med and Large, it worked real well. That might not be possible with yours, and you look like you got the problem under control, but thot I'd mention just to be safe.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-28-2003, 3:45 PM Reply   
Steven - You're boots look crazy man!! Totally formed. That's nuts. I'll have to try that. How's the fit? Do they just hug you're foot or what?
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       10-28-2003, 8:04 PM Reply   
The most comfortable binding I've ever put my foot in! Also a great excuse never to let anyone use them.