Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 14, 2003

Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-23-2003, 6:44 PM Reply   

quote:

Q: Describe what it feels like to bust a raley fifteen feet into the flats.
The feeling you get going huge on a raley is the closest I've felt to flying. When you really hook it up right, once you reach the peak, the boat pulls you up even higher and longer. Check out the latest issue of wakeboarding. Scott and I went to Japan and rode behind a huge fishing boat in the ocean. I've never hung in the air as long as I did that day.

this was from a july 2000 interview that's on the foxracing site. i've heard this footage was in a video - does anyone know which one?
Old     (depswa)      Join Date: Nov 2000       10-24-2003, 1:14 AM Reply   
I wanna say 12 Honkeys, but I'm probably wrong? I remember seeing something like that, but not sure.
Old     (jess)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-24-2003, 5:50 AM Reply   
It is in Hype.
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-24-2003, 8:07 AM Reply   
Hype and 12 Honkies from what I can remember. He goes huge.
Old    svfara            10-24-2003, 10:33 AM Reply   
Sweet!
I've got to see a video of that.

I remember that issue of wakeboarding magazine.
In fact, my girlfriend even had the editor make a copy of that pic blown up to 16" x 24" for my B-day.
Shaun even signed it "Birthdays are neato"
hehehe, what a dork!

But it is one of the most insane wakeboarding pictures I have seen...
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-27-2003, 6:12 PM Reply   
That picture is actually in last years wakeboarding calendar 2002, January.
And it's in the movie Hype, not 12 Honkeys.
He's always done an insane Hootchie Glide.
Old    xtremebordgurl            10-28-2003, 7:50 AM Reply   
Can someone post the pic here?
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-28-2003, 11:54 AM Reply   
raleys do feel like you are flying :-) or floating sometimes
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-28-2003, 12:22 PM Reply   
svfara, you need a pole or tower!
Old    svfara            10-28-2003, 12:56 PM Reply   
Chris,

Yeah, I've got to update my profile, it's an old pic...

I actually have a whole new setup now:
New boat w/tower, New board & bindings, new rope, vest, etc... I'll try to get some new pics up.

I just picked up the boat a few weeks ago (love it!!!), too bad it's starting to get cold up here.
Atleast this weekend is still looking good!

Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-31-2003, 8:25 PM Reply   
just found this on the http://www.boardflix.com site:

quote:

Antics - DVD $17.95

OVERVIEW
From the bakers of Death Cookies, comes the highly anticipated follow-up. ANTICS! See exclusive footage from the urban assault on downtown Salt Lake City. This DVD also includes over an hour of extras. Go snowboarding with the Pointless Posse, surf behind a 60-foot yacht with Shaun Murray and so much more.

so i guess this is the same footage?