Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 14, 2003

Old     (sid7)      Join Date: Mar 2003       10-27-2003, 5:57 AM Reply   
Here in Arkansas and a few surrounding places, boats do not have titles, just trailor titles and the current registration acts as your title. I am trying to sell one of my boats and a guy in TX is interested but people have told him that in TX both boats and trailors have titles. So needless to say it makes him a little nervous when i say here in AR they only have registration forms and not titles...Can any Texans help me out, so I can tell him for sure what the deal is??? Thank you
Old    bandit33            10-27-2003, 9:14 AM Reply   
Have him check with Texas Parks and Wildlife. They do all the boat registration here in Texas. They have a website that should answer his questions.

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/boat/
Old     (elmog)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-27-2003, 10:42 AM Reply   
Good call Don French.

The words that are important are:

"Vessels that are currently registered and not titled need only be titled when transferred."

"If you currently have your boat registered or titled in another state, you can transfer them to Texas. You must transfer the registration and title within 90 days."

In Colorado we also do not use Titles for the boat, only the trailer. I've sold to those that do and they simply take the Bill of Sale for the boat into their local agency and fill out the appropriate form and apply for a new title.

He has nothing to be nervous about.
Old     (trey)      Join Date: Aug 2003       10-31-2003, 8:02 AM Reply   
I can't really help with boat, but as far as the trailer, just tell the tax office it is homemade. My boat came from florida with no trailer title, so that's what the Tax lady told me to do for the trailer.