Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 14, 2003

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-28-2003, 2:56 PM Reply   
Anyone have anything good or bad to say about them? I'm sick of all the strings and velcro. That's why I'm considering the Sucs. The 03 footbeds feel super cush.
Old    phimple            10-28-2003, 3:11 PM Reply   
I have 03's and love them. They were really tight to start with but after some lube, swearing and time they came right.
Old    dbay_rider            10-28-2003, 3:11 PM Reply   
My buddy got the ultras (XL), he let the overlays out all the way and i still can't get my foot out w/o lube and a second person. I like them better than the exos for heel hold and no laces. I want to see if the the XXl's would make a difference. I have the exos and I can ride all day in them but the laces suck and the heel hold isn't that great.
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-28-2003, 3:28 PM Reply   
J-Rod those bindings rock. Very Light, comfortable, hold your feet in well... Use to have a pair.. loved them.. lasted a long time
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       10-28-2003, 3:36 PM Reply   
I agree with lots of swearing, sweating, and a great asset. They allow me to transfer more power into my riding, the support and footbeds are making for a more comfortable ride. But be warned they can be much harder work taking off than your ride at first. I had to break mine in off and on my feet for two months before I could slug my way through a 15 minute ride. They're still a hastle in cold water and with my foot having a medium heel and large toe area, I'm still looking for ways to complete a binding that's comfortable through and through.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-28-2003, 3:41 PM Reply   
don't be a weenie. They're excellent bindings. There is a special technique to getting them on and off. I should write a book about it. I used to ride them, and I liked them a lot. They take some figuring out and breaking in, but they're excellent boots.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       10-28-2003, 3:43 PM Reply   
Can't get in them, can't get out of them. And forget getting back in the boot while in the water!
Old    buttacup            10-28-2003, 4:31 PM Reply   
i had the same problem as Steve, then I fixed it by buying laceup bindings and couldn't be happier. Everyone has a love/hate relationship with these bindings. I ended up selling mine on Ebay.
Old     (laptom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-29-2003, 12:16 AM Reply   
Thane, what's your technique?
I don't have any problems getting in. The fit is perfect. But in the beginning I had some problem getting them off. At the moment, which works best for me, I go with one hand at the top of the board and pull the board towards me. The other hand I push the back of the bindings (heel) away.

Top bindings! Real good fit and using one year now, still looking new.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-29-2003, 5:55 AM Reply   
Interesting. Thanks for all the feedback. The size large fits up to an ll. I'm hoping that my size 10 foot won't have trouble getting in and out. Maybe I should drive down to Ultimate and try a pair on first.
Old     (mattbob)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-29-2003, 6:36 AM Reply   
The first time I used my Ultras I couldn't get out even with the help of two people on the dock. I had to take them apart. PITA!
They are like a new baseball glove, you have to break them in. I used soap and pushed 20oz bottles into them. I left them for about 2 weeks and since then I have had no problems. The are the best, most comfortable bindings I have ever ridden.
I did tear the overlay on a hard crash but I still love them.
Old    chrispy1            10-29-2003, 7:07 AM Reply   
man dont you guys know about the secret technique to getting out of them?
while in the water but the board directly under you, and jump pulling one foot at a time , until they both come out. ever sinced i owned them i have had no problem getting out of them, and i do not have bent base plates or any type of damage after 3 seasons of doing this.
Old    awlang            10-29-2003, 7:22 AM Reply   
I love my Ultra Sucs!! I have had 2 different pairs of them, and they keep getting better. Don't use newt juice lube or anything like that. Use shaving cream!! Just a small amount works great, and it disappears fast in water.
Old    andystrawn            10-29-2003, 7:31 AM Reply   
I like the fact that the LF bindings are right on top of the board, its amazing how much more you can feel the board. Huge difference to Hyperlite bindings which have you riding an inch and a half above the board.
I just wish they mad a M/L size, the mediums are too tight and the larges are too loose, I just got some Larges and tightened the overlays seems good so far.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-29-2003, 9:43 AM Reply   
put the board under me in the water, jump out one foot usually the left, sometimes it only comes half way out then i can pull it the rest of the way, then I use the foot that is out to kick the other boot off. it's really easy.
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-29-2003, 10:04 AM Reply   
Thats the way Me and my friends do it... I thought most people did it that way!
Old    jetpilotrider03            10-29-2003, 10:06 AM Reply   
I RIDE THOSE THE ULTRA'S...THE BEST BINDINGS YOU CAN GET! but you have to break 'em in which is a bitch.....
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-29-2003, 10:32 AM Reply   
J-Rod, I wear a size 10 and have the '03 Larges. I have no problems getting in them with lube. Getting out isn't a problem either. They will be tight at first, but will stretch and break in. This is my second pair since '00. I will continue to use them, very light, supportive enough for me and priced right.