Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 14, 2003

Old    maverick_gear            10-24-2003, 12:27 AM Reply   
Ok Guys What is your Dream boat? you have several choices all are 04 models all with every cool option and the biggest motors you can get...
1.SAN Team or limited ed.
2.Malibu Wakesetter VLX
3.Malibu Wakesetter LSV
4.Supra launch SSV (Gravity)
5.Centurion Avalanche Ghost ED.
6.MasterCraft Xstar
7.MasterCraft X2(oldXstar)
8.Tige 24V

some of you might ask why there are no tiges on here besides the 24V... it is my opinion that the 24v is the only tige worth anything and besides this is my dang dream boat poll. i am baseing this poll not on dollar figures or actual value i am asking you to evaluate on several points:
1.wakeboard wake
2.wakesurf wake
3.interior quality and space
4.overall hull performance
think about these points as if you lived in the real world where you couldn't always find butter and half your day is just cruisin and boozin in crappy water and evaluate not only your own experience (unless you are like me and have used absolutely everything) but others as well.
this might seem complicated but i am bored and thought this might be an interesting question for everyone to ponder.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-24-2003, 12:35 AM Reply   
1) xstar
2) vlx
3) x2
3) lsv
4) ssv
5) sante
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-24-2003, 6:09 AM Reply   
Well, we can tell which way your leaning by the order of the list...
That new Supra has some tricked out accessories stock. Nice job Supra. I'm not crazy about these 23ft + boats with all the small lakes I ride on. Therefore:
1)SAN - VLX
2)X2 - SSV
3)X-star
4)24V
5)Centurion
Old    leggester            10-24-2003, 6:10 AM Reply   
None of the above.
Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       10-24-2003, 7:10 AM Reply   
bass master 220 I hear can pull a tuber really fast
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-24-2003, 7:52 AM Reply   
I can only base it on what I've been in/behind....That being said, I have to discount the SSV GG and the 'Setter LSV.

The 24V is my choice.
Old     (garyw)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-24-2003, 8:14 AM Reply   
here is my dream boat

dream boat
Old     (melvinator)      Join Date: Apr 2001       10-24-2003, 8:24 AM Reply   
NAW, you didn't like the Malibu LSV? I rode in it a few weeks ago with stock ballast, no wedge and like 10 or 11 people in the boat and the wake was huge and smooth. The dealer told me it was made to compete with the new x-star and I think it really will! I thought 23 foot boats were worthless to wakeboard behind until I rode behind the LSV. Its a huge boat that i am sure sucks alot of gas, but has a great wake. I have some pics I will have to post soon.
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-24-2003, 8:40 AM Reply   
Mathew,
My bad, I wasn't very clear. I meant I haven't been in or behind the SSV or LSV so I can't say I would or wouldn't want one. But I think both look like great boats and I'm patiently waiting for my turn on them.
Old    veganx            10-24-2003, 9:20 AM Reply   
X-Star with the Caddy engine (not the L18 which is their biggest) and a heater. From the list that would be my choice, but If I was to get a 2004 it'd be the X-10. Chasing buoys wouldn't be much fun behind an X-Star. :P
Old     (projectely4)      Join Date: Apr 2003       10-24-2003, 9:21 AM Reply   
i would say
1. X-Star
2. LSV
3. VLX X2
Old     (captainfreedom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-24-2003, 9:48 AM Reply   
Not trying to change the thread or have ownership goggles on, but Maverick, you must have a serious beef with Tige. Especially since you pointed out that you didn't include it and have ripped it on other posts. Have you really spent time in a new 03 22V? Wake, wakesurf wake, interior space? Not even in the top 8? Not sure why you would say that. If that is your opinion, fine, but is not a fact. I have yet to find a better wakesurf wake and there are only 2 boats on your list that has more interior space than the 22V (the 24V and new X star).

Just wanted to point this out. Everyone can resume with their dream list.
Old     (maestro)      Join Date: Jun 2001       10-24-2003, 9:52 AM Reply   
Not on your list either... I'd say 22V... pimp-ass boat...
Old    mikep            10-24-2003, 9:53 AM Reply   
The boat in Brent's profile is my dream boat - but that same boat in the 24V model would do the trick. I think a 2004 X-Star would be sweet too.
Old    dbay_rider            10-24-2003, 10:59 AM Reply   
Stay away from SAN, one of the guys I ride with all the time bought one in Feb '03 and had nothing but problems with it{http://www.mynautique.com},(he set it up to get a reaction from correct craft) so many in fact they are making him a brand new '04. Others I ride with have Tige, Supreme, Supra very few and minor problems if any. Now I will admit that the SAN throws out one of the steepest wakes I have seen but with the ballast full and the boat loaded we have trouble with the wake washing out, I have to let out half of the port tank just to clean it up. There you go, hope that helps.
Old     (hatepwcs)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-24-2003, 11:28 AM Reply   
Hey Richard- that is an incredible story. Every manufacture has had this type of problem. I think the thing that is most disturbing is that the quality control is non existent and it wasn't fixed properly the first time. Sounds like the factory rushed the boat for the show. I bet the '04 is going to be perfect, they aren't going to take any chances with this customer again.
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-24-2003, 1:02 PM Reply   
Wow, this is weird.
I thought Nautique owners would have come out of the woodwork to defend their company by now. An hour and a half after Chris' post and nothing...
Maybe that whole Nautique snob thing was made up.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-24-2003, 1:27 PM Reply   
1st choice....the VLX. I thought the new X-star was cool too. I haven't had the pleasure of riding behind the SAN....yet! Though I hope someone will offer me a ride soon!
Old    dbay_rider            10-24-2003, 1:27 PM Reply   
My friend has no problem with CC and it was exactly that Chris bad design and poor quality control. I could go on and on about the things in the boat that weren't well thought out. In CC's defense the problems weren't that bad it was just the quantity of the frequency.
Old    dbay_rider            10-24-2003, 1:29 PM Reply   
sorry "quantity and the frequency"
Old     (planetnautique)      Join Date: Oct 2003       10-24-2003, 3:32 PM Reply   
Wow, that is quite a story (www.mynautique.com). It is disappointing to see that CC let that boat leave the factory, and that it wasn't fixed properly the first time.

My Dream Boat choice should be pretty obvious, but I can definitely respect the other makes as well, and would be happy with any of the choices listed. I have owned two Correct Crafts, and both have been great boats. It all comes down to personal preference, I guess.
Old    jetpilotrider03            10-24-2003, 4:34 PM Reply   
the b52s kick ass
they are like holy boats man
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-24-2003, 4:47 PM Reply   
Haha! The mental picture I get when I think of that gauge falling out.

"Yeah" he says, trying to impress his friend seated next to him. "Nautique, Baby..sixty-large, but she's the best. You ready for the wakeboarding experience of a lifetime?"

(Gauge falls out onto his lap as he passes the 5mph marker)

B-

Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-24-2003, 4:59 PM Reply   
Oh yeah, my dream boat...I'm pretty cool with what I have even though it has some cons.

It would have to produce a large wake with no additional weight, use no more then 2-3 gallons/hour according to the hour meter, have room for 6 or more + gear, drive like a Caddy and cost less then 20g's.

B-

Old    absolutofft            10-24-2003, 6:09 PM Reply   
For looks alone it would be the SANTE, but for pure wakeboarding needs it would have to be the new X-STAR.
Old     (hatepwcs)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-24-2003, 11:31 PM Reply   
Been in them all, I own a Sanger but love that Malibu wake.
Old    maverick_gear            10-24-2003, 11:47 PM Reply   
it doesn't have to be a fact, its just my opinion,
"Chlymidia is a soup that is my opinion and i am entitled to that, i don't care if you are a doctor"-Leon Phelps the ladies man....
Old    maverick_gear            10-25-2003, 12:16 AM Reply   
theres actually 3 with more room, you forgot the LSV, i have spent much time in a 22v,22i and 24v. i really like the 24v it has a good wake lots of room. the 22v looks cool when its sitting there but doesn't turn when weighted, has a weird wake, but has a GREAT TOWER!. the 22i is probly the best direct drive out there but thats what it is, a DIRECT DRIVE. i like the tige interiors and design, i would just like to see the hull design improve. no big beef at all its just when i drive them i wish i wasn't. i was thinkin if you put the avalanche hull under the 22v you would get possibly the best 22ft performing&looking wakeboard boat in the world...

my list goes
1. LSV
2. VLX
3. Avalanche C4
4. Pickle Fork
5. 24V
6. SAN
7. X2
8. SSV

P.S. Brent you should show me the good points of your 22v im out in the GG SSV on samm all the time....
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       10-25-2003, 12:29 AM Reply   
Was the 22v a 2003 or newer? They changed the hull to a similar design as the 20v and it puts out a clean wake. You can tell by looking at the rear of the boat and if it has spray pockets then it's the older style hull.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-25-2003, 12:30 AM Reply   
My guess is that the BU VLX will be redesigned for 2005 (next year).
Old     (sherman)      Join Date: Feb 2002       10-25-2003, 1:35 AM Reply   
I dont need a dream boat I already have it (sanger V210 wake series)
Old    xrated            10-25-2003, 8:26 AM Reply   
Man its going to be a long winter!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-25-2003, 11:30 AM Reply   
THe boat that I describe in my profile.... my 03 bu baby VLX
Old    maverick_gear            10-25-2003, 12:15 PM Reply   
im pretty sure it was an 03. it was one of there team boats. it would shine lock really bad when you turned and the taps was always having to be adjusted to find a wake

i was told that malibu just changed the LSV to be like the VLX hull cause the VLX hull is so good, i don't see any reason for malibu to change anything, except the wedge... ya know so it doesn't tear the hull off when you hit something.....
Old    martini            10-25-2003, 2:09 PM Reply   
man, this was a really hard thread to read...in all my years in this industry i've never heard of anyone having that many problems with a Nautique.

i stand by nautique's...i feel it's the best made boat on the market today hands down, and it has the best wake shape ever!!!

i feel bad that richard's friend had such a bad experience with his SAN Team edition...however, it is an example of the exception of the rule...not the norm...

i've got more stories about the other boat manufactuer's boats than i've heard of or delt with with any Nautique...

my dream boat is a team edition air 226 w/the z56 motor...

Old    maverick_gear            10-25-2003, 2:16 PM Reply   
ya i would have to agree with you pete that is definetly an exception cause i know quite a few people with new and old nautiques and they never have problems even the old ski nautiques are awesome. definetly not the norm... the only problem for me with the san its too small to fit all the people who are always with me...
Old     (sydwayz)      Join Date: Mar 2003       10-25-2003, 2:59 PM Reply   
Dane,
I believe you are right. I was told the VLX will be all new for '05.
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-26-2003, 1:30 PM Reply   
Solid black '04 Mobius XLV. Not far behind that a Supra Launch SSV Gravity Games Edition.
Old    isaac_d_funk            10-26-2003, 3:59 PM Reply   
1.SAN TE
2.Malibu vlx
3.mastercraft x-2
4.malibu lsv
5.Tige 22v

Never been in the new x-star yet!!!

Old    tclagggym            10-26-2003, 7:40 PM Reply   
SAN
SAN
SAN
SAN
SAN............................................... .................................................. ....................
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-27-2003, 8:15 AM Reply   
I own my dream boat.