Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 01, 2004

Old    jhill_suprassv            06-25-2004, 10:12 AM Reply   
My center (ski locker) bag keeps leaking and I am researching my options for a replacement. I have an 02 SSV with low hours and I really like the idea of having a hard tank and never having to deal with the moisture/leaking ballast again? Any thoughts, pictures or suggestions would be greatky appreciated.
Old     (supra)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-25-2004, 2:00 PM Reply   
I have put hard tanks in the rear of a SSV, I have the pattern and am able to get you the tanks and have them shipped to you. Let me know. Kevin
253-852-5336
www.gonnasonboats.com
Old    sean123            06-28-2004, 5:28 AM Reply   
Kevin...

I am very interested in this as well.. Right now I have the GG bags in my boat and love the wake.. Can you send me some pics and info on the tanks, including price please. Email them to sean.bouse@ps.net. Please include how much each tank weighs fully filled.. Thanks..

Sean
Old    sean123            06-29-2004, 5:20 AM Reply   
Kevin..

???
Old     (tshmitty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-29-2004, 3:48 PM Reply   
Kevin,

I also too would be interested. Please get back with me on the details.
Old    buttskimmer            06-30-2004, 7:50 AM Reply   
I made SS tanks for the rear. Left enough room on top for some jackets. Installed handles on the tanks and used quick connects on the hoses so the tanks can be removed for cleaning & drying out those rear compartments. I haven't figured out how to get a tank in the front yet - I am thinking it will end up being two because of the shape and I like to remove them for cleaning.
As for the front bag - I used a 2 part sealant and glued the waterbed fitting to the bag. Thats where it leaks all the time - you can still take the bag out using the quick pvc disconnects.
~S~
Old    buttskimmer            06-30-2004, 7:53 AM Reply   

Old    sean123            06-30-2004, 2:06 PM Reply   
Scott...

Completley full, how much does each one weigh? Do you feel like making some money??

Sean
Old    buttskimmer            06-30-2004, 2:39 PM Reply   
Including the weight of the metal - its heavy 10ga ss. 412lb each.
The price of ss is very high right now - you would say I am too high and be wondering what kind of person my mother was. I will make more this fall/winter and hopefully ss will lower then - it is starting to drop from a 10 year high.
Just to give you idea - GG bags price plus 400 & freight. I can do it because I run the shop and get favors - to the public is another story. I hope you understand. I am predicting ss should drop to reduce that price by 200 in oct - dec.
By the way, we do love them. It takes two people to extract them. We put a heavy blanket on the engine hatch - you have to remove the alum side/top keepers to put them in. We also have noticed it helps when putting the boat back on the trailer. Some of the ramps are steep and it helps keep the bow up.
2 bad things - a vent hole is needed (can't see in pic) at the very top. So someone has to watch and put plug in when full. I don't include the hoses & tees to make the vent automatic.
2 - the quick diconnects slow down fill & drain time. add 5 minutes
~S~
Old     (supra)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-30-2004, 3:03 PM Reply   
The tanks fit securly inside the rear storage compartments on the floor board and rise approx 1/2 way up to the top.At that point we cut the side access boards in half and attach hinges for easy access to spark plugs etc., replace 250 lbs standard bags plus approx 40 lbs for the weight of the tank.I am sure I can have my guy feel the whole compartment up with larger tanks, but you would have to remove the whole tank to get access to the side of the motor. Cost for regular tanks is 350.00 each with the fittings . Please e-mail me if for more information. I have no pics, sorry