Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 23, 2004

Old    stoked27            09-01-2004, 3:54 PM Reply   
I've been riding longer sets lately, and going bigger. I'm starting to notice that I'm getting bruises in like a U shape cupping the under-side of my ankles. My feet don't come out of the board except for really nasty falls. Are the bruises signs of riding hard, or too tight of bindings? I just don't want to be headed for a broken ankle if I'm tightning them too tight. Thanks in advance for any help.
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       09-01-2004, 4:25 PM Reply   
Are the bruises painful or do your feet hurt while riding?
Old    stoked27            09-01-2004, 4:56 PM Reply   
They're not painful really, but I feel them when I'm walking the next few days. They're not too painful when I board with them, but I can definatly feel them while I'm riding. I only get out on the lake about once a week, and I can feel them from the week before. I've been getting a whole lot more air and i've been landing pretty far in the flats. The landings feel like i'm jumping onto concrete sometimes. Could it be that I'm landing too hard, or should that not even effect my ankles?
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       09-01-2004, 5:28 PM Reply   
Bend your knees when you land. I have heard heel bruises are not uncommon off the double. Maybe look into some new bindings with better padding. I have ridden the alphas they are comfortable, but not the best as far as padding. I don't think the tightness of your bindings has to do with your bruises. But try loosening them and going from there.
Old     (mvl)      Join Date: May 2004       09-01-2004, 5:37 PM Reply   
Crank'em down, make'em tighter! If your toes are blue you know you got it right!

Seriously though, be your own judge, try other bindings if yours are wetting your whistle. Otherwise, pick up wakeskating! have a great day!
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-02-2004, 4:10 AM Reply   
Be careful making them too tight. I know you don't want them to come off early, but you do want them to release in a hard fall. Otherwise you could end up like me, on the injured reserve list with a torn abdominal muscle. 4 weeks ago, and still am waiting another 2 weeks before I give it another try. I will not torture you with a pic. You can check my previous post at http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/182596.html The bruise did get much worse that the photos show.