Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through June 22, 2004

Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-14-2004, 6:31 AM Reply   
Help! I picked up bunk carpet from Home Depot the other day. The employee there wrapped it in plastic wrap and wrote the sku # and price on the outside with a permanent black marker. When I got home, I threw the roll in the bow of the boat to keep it out of the way until I could get to the bunks.

Well, I forgot about the marker and it transferred onto one of my cushions. Is there a way to get it off?
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-14-2004, 7:54 AM Reply   
That is one of the hardest things to get out of porus vinyl. I would suggest 303 cleaner, a soft brush, and if that does not work, OOPS! Be aware, that the Methyl Ethyl Ketone in OOPS! can discolor the vinyl. Test a hidden section first. Above all, do not let it bake into the cushion in the sun and heat.

If you get my way, I do have near me a couple of great vinyl repair shops that can resurface it.
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-14-2004, 7:56 AM Reply   
One more thing, 303 itself can dissolve some stains away. Use it after the OOPS! or the 303 will keep the OOPS! off of the vinyl.
Old     (ccryder)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-14-2004, 8:00 AM Reply   
I had a stain that would not come out from any cleaner I could find, so I took the cushion out and set it in the sun. I sprayed it with water every couple of hours and the sun faded the stain out in two to three days. I don't know why it works but it did the trick. It won't hurt anything to try and it is cheap. Good luck!
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-14-2004, 8:22 AM Reply   
Second Jim.

I posted here a couple of weeks ago about a life vest fading on my vinyl. Boat sat in the sun Saturday and Sunday and it was gone. Hope it works for perm. marker.
Old     (cinder1995)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-14-2004, 10:39 AM Reply   
We took off permanent marker from a couch with Goof-Off. Completely came off with a little elbow grease.
Old    pdmoyes            06-14-2004, 10:46 AM Reply   
Here's something you can try that I know works on harder surfaces. Write over the permanent marker with a dry erase marker. Then wipe of the dry erase marker just like you normally do. I would try this in a small area. I know this works on dry erase boards and other semi-porous things.
Old     (cdm)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-14-2004, 8:01 PM Reply   
The sun has removed many spots throughout the years for me. Its effectiveness is unmatched. After the bar one night in Orlando my friends and I passed out in the boat. With no pillows a few of us slept on our hands. The marker on my hand left a serious stain on the seats as well as a few others. Few days in the hot sun and they were gone. Forget the product!
Old     (superjet)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-14-2004, 8:16 PM Reply   
Try hairspray in an aerosol can.