Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through June 22, 2004

Old    ilovetrains            05-25-2004, 7:35 PM Reply   
Never seen one, but here it is huge. Looking for people own one as far as how do enjoy it? Family boat? What do you use it for, wakeboard, skiing, cruising? How does it do in rough water?
Old     (villageidiot)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-25-2004, 9:19 PM Reply   
I know you asked of people who own one. I don't, but feel that my input might be valuable anyway. A buddy of mine has the Sunscape LSV (I believe...whatever the 25' one is called). The boat is freakin' huge. We can run around with 13 people on it and it doesn't even feel that crowded. Handles rough water ridiculously well. Horrible gas mileage, as you can imagine...

For how I use a boat, I think the boat is a little excessive. It is really nice to have all that room, but the boat is big, a little sluggish, and for wakeboarding, the wake is really wide and I don't like the shape all that well. But then again, the boat is 25' long.

We use his Malibu mostly for cruising. Other boats in our crew are better for wakeboarding, and all the others get better gas mileage... but none of the others can take that many people out and still feel like there's room to spare.
Old     (malibudude)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-26-2004, 8:13 AM Reply   
You might ask over on Malibuboatowners.com
Old    booma            05-29-2004, 12:36 PM Reply   
Matt,
My brother just purchased this boat. And yes, it is HUGE. My friend has the 23' LSV and the 25' towers over it. It's an 03 with 30 hours on it. This boat is great for a family and tons of friends and is great for taking everyone and tons of gear for the whole day without coming back to the dock.

We use it for everything. Wakeboard, wakesurfing, and tubing. Haven't skied behind it yet. The wake is huge and takes a little getting use to for wakeboarding, but if you want to wakesurf this is the boat. Its a great boat for larger bodies of water; Lake Powell, Bear Lake, Lake Mead and does great in rough water.

It also has tons of power and as for gas mileage, its not as bad as everyone says. It does have an 80 gallon tank, but it lasts a long time. We've had this boat up to 44mph with power to spare.

Hope this helps. If you want to know any specifics, let me know.