Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through June 22, 2004

Old    wakebrdaholic            05-24-2004, 12:36 PM Reply   
Anyone have any idea how to connect this switch to the pump and to the battery when being used with a reversible Simer? Thanks, Ty.
Front
Back
Old     (flsurflover)      Join Date: Aug 2003       05-24-2004, 1:09 PM Reply   
That's a nice switch. For a reversible Simer pump with that SPDT switch, you will need to use relays, which is a much better way to do it anyway, because your high current wires are shorter. If you had 30amp DPDT switches you could do it without the relays, but you would have longer high-current runs.

Use this tried and tested circuit:
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/171279.jpg

I believe ground will go to the top-right pin, +12V will go to the left-center pin, then your left-top pin will go to one relay and the left-bottom pin will go to the other relay. Use standard automotive type 12V, 30amp relays, from partsexpress.com or the like.
relays:
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=330-070
sockets:
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=330-075

(Message edited by flsurflover on May 24, 2004)
Old    zudema            05-24-2004, 3:51 PM Reply   
Where did you get that switch? Its the same style that came with my Centurion.
Old    wakebrdaholic            05-24-2004, 4:51 PM Reply   
I got it from my local Mastercraft dealer. I had him order me 2 of them. They ended up being $15 each with the switch and the cover. Thanks for the information. Any other input?
Old     (mdan)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-24-2004, 5:40 PM Reply   
go back and ask for the 2001-2003 version of the switches, they are dpdt switches. They were the stock switches for the jabsco pumps before they changed them back to aerators.

Old     (flsurflover)      Join Date: Aug 2003       05-24-2004, 5:52 PM Reply   
Ballast Relay Circuit
Old    wakebrdaholic            06-01-2004, 7:17 PM Reply   
FL SurfLover,
Thanks a lot man. Just got everything wired and tried it out and it worked perfectly. I'll post some pictures when it stops raining. Thanks again, I can't wait to hit the lake. Ty.