Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through June 22, 2004

Old     (billyboard)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-17-2004, 3:12 PM Reply   
I am looking at a boat in Colorado. I am in NJ.
Anyone have advice about how to proceed? Is it suggested to fly out or just paying a local MC dealer to inspect the boat?
Any suggested Denver area places that would do a good job of checking a boat?
Also, would it be necessary for a good boat mechanic to put the boat into the water to make sure everything works (like perfect pass, steering, throttle, etc).
What specifically should be checked?
I think you get the drift of what I'm trying to find out. Thanks for any help.
Billy
Old     (kirk)      Join Date: May 2003       05-17-2004, 5:18 PM Reply   
Billy,
Try a marine surveyor in the area. For a set dollar amount they will do an independant appraisal of the boat.
Try this link: http://www.marinesurvey.org/index2.html

(Message edited by kirk on May 17, 2004)
Old    blr            05-17-2004, 6:24 PM Reply   
billy, I live in colorado. let me know where the boat is (what dealer or city of private) if it's not to far. i'll stop by for you and check it out. not sure if i'll have enough time for a lake test, but maybe. i also am very familiar with all of the dealers here if you want any feedback on who to or not to have check it out.
Old     (milehighrider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-17-2004, 6:59 PM Reply   
billy, i'm in the same general area as BR. if you need some help and he can't get it done let me know and i could proably give you some help.
mike
Old     (elmog)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-18-2004, 6:06 AM Reply   
Billy,

I'd be willing to look for you also. Colorado is (IMO) a good place to pick up a boat if you can get a good price because they do not get a great deal of use generally (if it has low hours, you can pretty much assume it's true) and the dry air keeps corrosion really to a minimum.

Good Luck!
Old     (bdavis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-19-2004, 11:12 PM Reply   
I bought a boat from NC. I live in CA. I knew it was risky but I thought it was a good deal and the boat only had 50 hrs and was still under warranty. Bank of America was able to handle the transaction and I wouldn't have done it otherwise. I never flew out to see it but did have the local dealer inspect it, they were biased toward seller anyway. I had a company drive it across the country for 1800 bucks. It worked out for me and I love the boat, but I kinda had my ass hangin out there until I saw what I got.