Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2008

Old     (phat_steve)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-14-2008, 6:38 PM Reply   
Me and my wife are trying to plan our one year anniversary vaca. We are thinkin maybe lake powell or something out that way. We are lookin for some good hiking and canoyn views. I would also like to get a little wakeboarding in, if the waters warm enough my wife would tare it up too. We are lookin at late april early may, any help would be nice. Thanks
Old     (nautiquetrevo)      Join Date: Jul 2008       10-14-2008, 8:24 PM Reply   
Went to Lake Powell this summer in June and the water was perfect. If you do end up going there you really have to do this tour of Antelope Canyon. Well worth the money and great views. The web site below is the tour guide i recommend but there are others.

http://www.antelopeslotcanyon.com/index.html
Old     (nuckledragger)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-15-2008, 12:32 PM Reply   
Definitely Powell but the water will be cold in late April/ early May. You would def need a wetsuit.
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-15-2008, 3:22 PM Reply   
trunk it every year in april. Maybee being form Colorado all water is warm to me...You should be fine...
Old     (knarbar)      Join Date: Nov 2006       10-15-2008, 4:00 PM Reply   
Depending on where you stay keep in mind reservations too. I think we had to book like a year in advance for a house boat. (i think, it was 3 years ago so cant really remember) So just keep that in mind when your trying to schedule for the summer months. Theres nothing like powell though. The place is amazing
Old     (moman)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-15-2008, 7:30 PM Reply   
Yosemite Valley in CA. Hiking is world class. View are remarkable. Lakes are down the hill and hour or two. Water will be cool.
Old     (cwaker4)      Join Date: Nov 2005       10-16-2008, 8:41 AM Reply   
yea i second that^ not much wakeboarding, but as far as hiking, veiws and the outdoors its tought to beat Yosemite.